4/30 RK - AMPS HI, ketones 6.9 +3 441 +5.25 352 +9 434 PMPS 500 +7 308

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JL and Chip, Apr 30, 2024.

1. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s post

So not much new — RK made it through the night but is still very ill. I increased to 0.75u Lantus, will continue mid-cycle R shots when her BG starts to climb, am giving subQ fluids and meds, and syringe feeding as much as she will tolerate. I hope that the antibiotics kick in soon and make a difference.

I and my little feral girl hope you have a good day.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I don’t like to see that black AMPS and 6.9 ketones. I hope things turn around soon. Sending more vines to RK and hugs to you.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Cat's claw vines for RK and for you.
    Dolichandra20unguis-cati20flowers-1024x768.jpg Dolichandra-unguis-cati-tendrils_web-1024x768.jpg

5. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Sending you much positive and healing energy :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JL and Chip likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Based on last night's data, I think you can go to 0.1R if over 400 for mid cycle. I think perhaps if you have a rising mid cycle above 300, you could also do some R, maybe start with 2 drops. Every time she's been above 300 mid cycle and climbing, she goes up pretty quick.

Come on Lantus, do your thing!

RK is still very much in my thoughts. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JL and Chip likes this.
  7. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

After what felt like trench warfare for the last two days, I think the antibiotics are beginning to kick in and there’s a glimmer of hope.

Ketones have come down even though they continue to bobble around more than I’d like. I’ve been syringe feeding every two hours or so and pushing fluids. And I spoke to my vet about doing some dental work—it will be a risk to do anything given her fragile state, but he agreed to give it a go if we can get her more stable (and to wedge us in without an appointment since we don’t have a functioning crystal ball as to when that might be).

We have a long way to go. She lost significant ground in the past 48 hours and is clearly weaker, but she still has some fight in her. I’ll take it.

Thanks. everyone, for caring. It really does help.
    That sounds perfect. Thanks so much.

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’ve been checking in every couple of hours to look for updates. I am so encouraged to read the latest update. It looks like you have definitely found the problem causing everything to keep bubbling along.
    Would you consider popping in a feeding tube when he’s sedated for the teeth?
    And I hope the vet would give some IV antibiotics when the teeth are being done.
    You are doing an absolutely wonderful job with RK.

Staci & Ivy and JL and Chip like this.
  9. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Sending you both more hugs and strength :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Sending continued love, hugs, prayers, positive energy for you and RK :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: