4/20 Aria

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Yep, she's at it again. Always a good thing, but always confusing. Went back to .6 last night and woke up this morning to 111. Over the last two hours, she's continued to drop to 98 then 89. At 89, she decided she was very hungry (yay!) and had herself a nice meal. Guess I'll test at +15 and see where we're at.

Of course this is 3 days before I need to leave for that overnight trip with DH. I hate to have the sitter have to test and wonder and then retest. Also, it's $10 a visit (which is discounted), so I'd prefer not to have her have to come 4 times for 1 overnight trip. Especially with next month's vacation looming.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Nothing like a what, +15? nadir to keep you guessing, lol!

I'd keep it really simple for the sitter - just test during her regular feeding/scooping visits, and give her a clear no-shoot that you feel safe with, and a dose where she won't need to follow-up (maybe 0.4?) with spot tests. She might run a little high, but assuming she's not used to the sitter (? unless it's her best bud or something), having a stranger come over repeatedly to test her might just add to her stress more than anything else. That's just me though - have had bad sitter experiences, so I'm not big in the trust department I guess, that they would make the right decisions if it isn't straightforward... I'd probably try to time it so she gets a shot before I leave, so hopefully the sitter would only be shooting if she has clearly gone higher.

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I think that's a good idea Joanna. I'm about to lower her to .4 anyway. I think the patterning I'm seeing (and the reason I didn't get any DD nadir yesterday) may be from too much insulin. At least that's what I'm thinking now (it could change). This is only an overnight which is no big deal, but next month we have a vacation and a whole week makes me all sorts of nervous. With her now adjusting tonight's possible dose to 2am, I can probably get it to where the sitter only has to come once to shoot a low dose and we'll do recovery next week :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.