4/19 Victor AMPS 8.6/156 +3 18.6/335 +6 19.6/353 PMPS 27.8/500

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by H Allen, Apr 19, 2022.

1. H Allen

H Allen Member

2. H Allen

H Allen Member

Update- I waited one hour then retested - was 11.2 so I went ahead and did normal shot. I remember Wendy saying lower AMPS leads to a flat cycle....fingers crossed!

Marina & Chico likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry, I only just saw this, if you can monitor, you can shoot any number over 90 with SLGS. Here we like to say "shoot low to stay low".

Also you need not stall an hour since that delays your future shooting schedule. We recommend stalling only 20 mins to see if the numbers come up without food.

4. H Allen

H Allen Member

Ok- good to know- nervous anxiety ridden crazy lady here!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

It is always scary to encounter and shoot lower numbers when you are used to higher numbers. When you are home testing and feeding, you have the tools to keep him safe :)
    Once you get used to lower numbers, they can be addictive!

6. H Allen

H Allen Member

I hate to even talk about it- but I"ll knock on wood- but this morning he was like his old self again- Bengals are SUPER talkative and vocal- and he was- he was demanding head rubs, attention etc!

7. Bandit's Mom

That's great! They really start feeling good in lower numbers :)

8. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

warms my heart to read this, I remember those early days with Hendrick as we worked our way to regulation, the "old Hendrick" would make the occasional appearance and it was beyond amazing. So great to see!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. H Allen

H Allen Member

Does anyone have any experience with polyneuropathy ? I feel like he was suffering from this as when his sugars were high his balance was worse and now that they are coming down he seems to move quicker and more stable? does that make sense?

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense. Poly means neuropathy symptoms in a few places - chronic high blood sugar damages many nerves over time. Just having very high BG can make legs feel weak and even wobbly.
    Getting the BG to more normal numbers as quickly as is safe, can help immensely! Kisses on Victor.

11. H Allen

H Allen Member

My nice yellow and blues are gone today!!! Ugh +6 19.6/353 :eek:

12. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

yes but pink is still better than red or black. I feel like I see a transition in Vic's spreadsheet beginning. Reds and blacks becoming less and less, more pinks, yellows and blues creeping in.

13. H Allen

H Allen Member

No more testing now til PMPS- strips are too expensive and my mental health is waining!

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Once you saw the +3 was that much higher than preshot, you could have put away the test kit. Your experience to first shooting lower numbers was the same as mine. Nervous as anything, grit myself and cross fingers, then a bounce. :rolleyes: How anti climatic!

15. H Allen

H Allen Member

Ugh PMPS is 27.8/500 a BLACK :(