4/18 Mannie - Fly forever free, now at rest - Thank you all!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (LOTS - DGS day!), and Happy Fursday!
    LL beans! It is I!, MochaMannie, kitteh barista! For today I proudly offer Mannie's special 10 hr energy coffee, triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans, and for my bean cuz this is her fav and I lubs her very much!: a venti quad peppermint white chocolate mocha, with peppermint infused whip, garnished with peppermint candy chips and white chocolate shavings........ PRIMO! Only the best for all my customers....OH! Tea infusions too, by request. They is primo too! I SWEAR! Today : peppermint pomegranate! Psssstttt.... I gots scones and croissants too! AND! Spring is here, summer is coming: SO: choco creme FRAPPE'S today!

4/17 in MannieLand

4/17 RECAP
    4/17 fuds: AM & PM cycle: catsip, no appy
    4/17 amps HI : 2nd cycle on this dose (.75), catsip
    +1 fed catsip
    +2 HI fed catsip
    4/17 pmps HI: 1st cycle on this dose (1.00), catsip
    +2 HI

4/18 amps HI: 2nd cycle on this dose (1.00)

Yesterday was a difficult day in MannieLand. BG's remain off the charts, mobility and muscle strength have worsened, and appy has just disappeared. We've tried all we can think of to entice Mannie to eat to no avail. He really has not had anything substantial in a couple of days, short of the catsip, and that he is now refusing. The pred really does not seem to be helping. Mannie gets maybe one I sorta feel better hour after getting the med, but then we are back to the fact that he simply does not feel good. We will see how the morning goes. I need to face the fact that it just may be his time, as sad and as heartbreaking as that is for me. This is his call, his dance. I will be there for you Mannie, that is a promise. Mannie - here's to you. Lubs ya big guy! cat_pet_icon

All is well in MannieLand. :D :D I spent so much time with him last night. He is at peace, and content. When Nicholas and I were headed out he stopped just before leaving the house, ran back in to give Mannie a pet. As sick as he is Mannie still manage to give Nicholas that patented squinty-eyed look he does. It was a very sweet moment. Mannie spent most of the day sleeping in his bed, just chillin'. We did get a little sun yesterday, so I took him outside for a bit. He relaxes so when he is there, soaking up those rays. For him, life is good. :D LB is normal as it can be right now, Ketones tests have been negative. Test was good this morning. :cool: a new Normalcy in MannieLand.

Have a great day everyone! I am back on DGS duty for the rest of the week. Today will be an outdoor day for Nicholas, hopefully a river or a creek. WOO HOO! Well, we hope that it is... rains stay away! Paws crossed on the weather! I hope to visit condos when time permits, it is so tough to do while he is here. I will miss you guys! Think blue, think green kitties!

Hey everybody! What's up? Besides my BG's that it - they is always up! heeheehee, gotta work on that! You guys into a treehouse day? or a radiator day? I kinda just wanna spend the day with my friends. Maybe we an take a short road trip, top down on the roadster, let the wind whip through our whiskers some. SWEET! You guys in? let me know - I am ready for anything!! ~~ Mannie

And completely OT: Here's the Picassa link to the photos from DGS,and my adventure yesterday: Swimming and the trail by the pool, including a couple of videos. Here's the link: Swimming, Pool Trail

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 4/18 Mannie AMPS HI

Peace and contentment are very good things. We are sending so many prayers your way....

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning Amy :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX!, and I so agree. that they are. This morning is a continuation of last night... he's resting, snuggled on his fleece.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers for Mannie.
    and Prayers for you. ((((Michelle))))

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Thanks Rhiannon, it is so so appreciated! for you, from MochaMannie ----> :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

6. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

From us: Scritches for ((Mannie)), hugs for you, ((Michelle)).

7. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending sunbeams from Texas with love.

Tena

Attached Files:

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Michelle and Mannnie, lots of vines and prayers ongoing. I'm so sorry to hear the pred or Mirtz are not helping. Does he seem in pain or just extremely weak/lethargic? I am glad he enjoyed the yard and catching those sunbeams. So sweet with DGS going back for one more pet and loving Mannie. Awww....on the squinty eyes! :D Mannie, you are the best as even when you are not feeling good, you still bring on the coffee, and Pike's Place Market are my favorite Beans. Thank you for the Triple Espressos, love ya, Auntie Ann.
    Hugs and prayers for a comfortable day for Mannie
    The pics of DGS are great and capture how much fun he is having with swimming and the outdoors. I caught some yesterday, too.

Mannie, yeah Treehouse and Rusty's radiator sound fun with the road trip, too. I'll be waitin at the same spot, Mags

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. it's nice to hear that mannie is resting comfortably this morning .. I hope those sun-ray's find their way to him so he doesn't have to move much, but can still enjoy them .. ((hugs)) to both of you!

10. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Good morning Michelle and Mannie. Healing vines and peace coming your way from Tulsa. My heart is breaking with yours. Mannie is definitely in charge and will let you know. So sweet with Nicholas and the petting. Mannie does love him so much and looks forward to seeing him. Have a good time at the pool and whatever you are able to squeeze in. We will check back in on you later today and be thinking about you all day long. ((((Michelle)))) Give the big guy a big kiss and some scritches from Auntie Melissa.

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) (((Mannie))) I am sending lots of hugs to you both.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sending sunbeams from Arizona too. (((((Michelle)))))
    Liz

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending warm sunbeams your way, for Mannie to relax in. Sending hugs for you, (((Michelle))).

14. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    I send all the perfection vines and prayers i have, but Mannie is already perfect and you are as close as hoomans get. You two are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope there are some glorious sunbeams for the two of you to enjoy this afternoon.

MohcaMannie! There's only one thing better than your morning coffees!!! That's seeing you come down the street dancing, singing and snapping your fingers. May i have a scone today with my espresso and mocha? Waiting in the driveway for you my sweet barista!!! I love you Mannie.

Mannie! Man, that is one cool roadster. I love how it gets bigger and bigger so we can all squeeze in. I'm ready for the treehouse and radiators. Maybe we can have some more of those crispy spiders for lunch. Then, lets drive your roadster all the way around the world and watch the sun come up a bunch of times!!! love you dude...oliver

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Mannie, my pal, let's spend the whole day just chillaxin' with the gang. We'll take a short road trip in the roadster and have a picnic lunch and then relax in the treehouse or on my radiators. See ya soon,
    Rusty

Michelle, sending you much love and sending Mannie very strong vines for his journey. He has taken charge. As with the FD dance, Mannie is leading this dance. He is content, and he loves you.

Many hugs for you and Nicholas, and hugs and scritches for Mannie from his Auntie Ellabean and Uncle Edwardbean,

Ella & Rusty

16. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

Thinking of you guys today - catch some sun and squint those eyes Mannie!

And don' fergit ta roll on doze nanners today - deyz magic, I swearz! ~~ Sweetie

17. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

It's nice to hear Mannie is taking all this in stride, like he seems to have always done with everything, and is seemingly content and peaceful. I check on you guys every day and will continue to....I have to have my Mannie fix even if it isn't always the best news. I know, as always, you're doing the best for him.

18. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for mannie and strenght for you. Mannie is leading the dance and you are his partner. perfectly in step with him. Hugs and scritches, you know how much LL loves you both! :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

Perfect timing on your delivery after our BTB. You truly are a miracle, MochaMannie! -- Auntie Annbean

Mannie, chillaxin' anywhere you wand. All us kittehs will be there with you. I can take you out for a spin in the Furrari, top down and the wind in our whiskers! And I'll drive as fast as you want! -- Tess

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((Michelle)). ((Mannie)) my thoughts and prayers are with you. Big hugs!

20. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle,

Cherish the moments, cherish the love and know that you are not alone. You have an entire family right here feeling the pain along with you.

Hey Mannie,

I'm sorry that Maui can't come out to play today. She is still at the hotel, yeah that's right, the hotel, waiting for the tooth shuttle! I was told that she and Buster enjoyed their suite, got room service, pampering treatments and lots of fuds.

Of course, when she comes home later, she will need KTSS big time. So, maybe you can gather the troops to come over tonight to help her and Buster too of course.

Thanks for today's tea. It's the bestest and I can't wait for my afternoon frappe - I LOVE Chocolate.

Signed Maui the Magnificent's Bean - missing her girls like crazy and not liking an empty bean house

21. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Shasta said to tell Mannie that she would love to go out in the Roadster. She never gets to go out and let her hair down, so she's excited! ;-)

As for me, I'll keep sending prayers and appy/strength vines for my favorite Mannie. I love his eternal search for the sunbeams :D and his love for you and Nicholas...squinty eyes and all. Hugs and love to you, Michelle. And snuggles and scritches to the Big Guy, Mannie!

22. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle - I am so saddened to read your condo today that the meds aren't doing much and Mannie's appy is falling off. But it is heartening to hear that he still enjoys soaking up the rays, and that still a sign that life still has some goodness in it and worth the purrs. It is very sweet that Nicholas ran back to Mannie - he is a special boy to be that friend to Mannie, and vice versa. We have a dreary rainy day here, and that's cause Leo grabbed all the sun beams and sent them out to Mannie. We'll have rain so Mannie can have sun, handsome boy.

Yo yo yo Mannie my Man! I want to chillax today, but I have to wait until tonight. I have that Box of Terrors thing today, but mamabean says it will be the last one! So I comes over later when I get back home! Soak up the suns, dude. ~Your best bud, Leo

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Michelle))) sending lots of feel good vines to Mannie and strength to you. I was touched to read how Nicholas is handling all this, it's quite the experience for a little boy.

I'd also send you any sunbeams if we had them, but I suspect we'll both have to wait until tomorrow. In the mean time, it's a great day for fleece snuggling in beds, the same is going on here. Please pass on extra scritches, pats and hugs to Mannie from us.

Mannie - I just had to try the mocha today since it's your beans favorite, and now I understand why. It's delish!

24. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Michelle

Just sending Mannie prayers and vines, and hopes that he can get a little sunshine in today.

Terri

25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had some sun yesterday for Mannie to enjoy. I hope you keep getting the sun for him. It's good to hear he is at peace and content. Sending Mannie vines and prayers to you.

26. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hello everyone! It was been a great day with Nicholas, at a local creek, exploring. We ended up taking his mom out to lunch today too. Double fun! The time out today was fun. We left Mannie on his fleece, sleeping. He was still in his post when we returned. He is non-responsive, with no interest in food or water, or even getting up. I have petted him, told him he was loved by so many, gave him scritches on his ear. I told him I would help hm, and at that moment he closed his eyes: I had my sign, There have been no shots today, no pills, no tests. He is content. Early this evening he will be allowed to cross to the Bridge, with quiet dignity and grace. I owe him this much. Freedom from an failing body. Already I miss him.

THANK YOU EVERYONE !(!!) who has visited today: Wendy, Lisa, Deborah, Hillary, Michelle, Ann, Patty, Jo, Ella, Mary, Barb, Liz, Anne, Melissa, Devon, Ann, Tena, Carla, Terri, and Josie. You guys are simply the best! I have read all to Mannie, and I do believe he heard them all. He has fought a valiant battle, and in a way I do believe he won. His way, his terms, his choice. What a trooper he is. I wish I knew what else to say. You all have been the best, have given so much of yourselves, and I am eternally grateful. THANK YOU to all of LL!

OH that bean! What will I do with her! It is a sunny day here in LL and us kitties have things to do. Top is down on the roadster, the tree house and the radiators await us. The BMG feels a need to do its thing. So kitties, my friends! let's roll! Winds in our whiskers , the world is ours for the taking. Let's roll ~ Mannie

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((( Michelle and Mannie))))))))))))))) sending lots of support and appy vines his way

28. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

Sending the sun's waming rays from California to Mannie and you.

Both of you are an inspiration to everyone here and very much in our thoughts.

Very best wishes... cat_pet_icon

29. Tena and Curry(GA)

Oh Michelle

Many tears are falling as I read your post. I will keep Mannie and you in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((Michelle)))) (((((Mannie))))

Lots of love,
    Tena

30. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Michelle))))))))))
    You have given Mannie so much calm and love during his journey ~ may his journey continue with peace.
    With love, Josie

Mannie, what a great day for a roadster trip! Sun, wind, road...then tree house and radiators,
    hanging out with all of the LL kitties! Simply PURRRFECT.

For you:
    Tree House

A tree house, a free house,
    A secret you and me house,
    A high up in the leafy branches
    Cozy as can be house.

A street house, a neat house,
    Be sure and wipe your feet house
    Is not my kind of house at all--
    Let's go live in a tree house.

-Shel Silverstein

I lubs ya forever, my friend. ~Ripley

:YMHUG:

31. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) I send you all my love and support. You are the most perfect life partner for Mannie. It seems trite to tell you he will always be with you, for you know that better than anyone. His heart, his spirit and yours will always be one. I cry because my heart hurts as he begins his new journey. .i can only know the tiniest bit of how deeply your heart hurts. Saying farewell to one so very special takes my breath away. I pray for you both tonight. Take deep care my dears. The world belongs to both of you now and always

MochaMannie... fly free and happy across forever. We'll meet now and then in the midst of the one celebration that can never end. I love you my sweet barista. Land softly, go grab the world...it is yours

Mannie, we'll get the wind in our wiskers. You are right, let's roll. We go grab the world! i love you dude. Oliver

32. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

(((Michelle and Mannie))) My heart breaks for you, as I know how much you love Mannie and how hard this last step. I send all my love and support as you help Mannie tonight.
    Mannie, you are the sweetest, best Barista. Thank you for all those early morning Espressos and for arranging all those fun times, OTJ party menus, and for always picking me up at the curb. Every time I have an Espresso, I'll think of you. We love you, Auntie Ann & Mags

33. Patty & Champ

I cry like Mannie were my own, but I'll always remember him and his greatness, his command of the nanners and his amazing coffee-making abilities. He really is a one and only. Please give him a kiss for me and Champ.

34. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Michelle, I'm also sending tons of prayers your way, my friend. Have you talked to the vet about taking him off the pred, or is it a necessity for Mannie to have? (sorry I haven't been fully reading up on what all meds he needs for what). It may help to lower his BG's... That and in order to get him to eat, you may have to begin syringe feeding him to help him get some strength back. I honestly don't know what to say to help... :( I wish there was a magic wand to help him get back to his normal Mannie self, and make him feel better again. {{{{{{{{{{MICHELLE & MANNIE}}}}}}}}}}

35. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle,

It is time. Remember to give him his snot halo to send him on his journey with dignity and love. Fly free Mr. Mocha Mannie Man, you are so much loved by all those near and far. May you cross in peace and wrapped in the arms of love. We love you and miss you already.

The kittehs will play and sing in your honor, listen to their heartfelt love songs that will help you cross to the bridge and meet up with all those that have gone before and are waiting for the BMG, Mocha Manster to arrive and start his delivery service.

It truly is sad, we all love the Nanner King, Kitteh Barista and Chef de Cuisine of LL - Mannie is going to have a whole new set of adventures with friends new and old! Goodbye sweet boy.

36. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

What you and Mannie enjoyed you can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. Remembering him as he was honors his life and will help you heal. Remembering is appreciation and gratitude for love you shared. You are honoring him by your generous gift - setting him free from this existence. You have gone above and beyond in your care for him. He was blessed to be your kitty and he told you it was time. HUGS

37. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle)))))

My heart is heavy with sorrow for you and for your precious boy.

(((((Mannie))))) Your many friends await you as you begin your new adventures. Safe travels, big guy. You are loved.

38. Anne & Zener GA

It's a sad day. Mannie, safe travels. We will miss you so. Hugs to you, Michelle. :cry: :cry:
    Liz

39. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((Michelle-Mannie)))))) My Heart hurts reading that sweet Mannie is not well & that you have decided to let him go--I know exactly how you feel, and they do tell us when they are ready..
    Michelle You have done Everything Possible to save him & make him as comfortable as possible, as I did for Moonie...But the day we fear the most, always comes too soon.
    It is the most Loving act we can do for them, to let them go & end their suffering. Although it is the act that breaks our hearts, it is still the most loving thing we can do.
    Sending all my heartfelt Love to you & Mannie, and Pray it will go softly..
    Moonie & Copper will be there waiting for Mannie with open paws & love...
    WE Love You Michelle, WE Love you Mannie, Fly Free sweet Boy & Land Softly on the other side!

40. Melissa & Tarragon

(((((Michelle))))) There is a flood of tears here for you. I don't know what to say and wish I could be there with you. Mannie - you have a great bean who would do anything for you and this is her biggest act of love. Your Auntie Melissa loves you more than you will ever know. Rest well sweet boy. Love you all so much.

Hey Mannie! No worries my friend. The roadster sounds awesome with the top down. We'll be able to feel our fur and whiskers whipping in the wind. My bean says wheelies are a ok. Picks me up, k? Love you always, your friend Tarragon

41. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

:cry:
    I have been watching and waiting, hoping and praying for something that could help Mannie.
    It was not to be. I remember taking an ailing civvie on one of many trips to the vet. "Is there anything more I can help you with?" he asked. "Please help to fix my cat," I replied. But we both knew there was nothing left that could be done.

Mannie's unique spirit will never leave you. I will continue to pray for you as Mannie begins his journey to meet all of our beloved angels at the bridge...

MJ

42. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

((Michelle)) again my thoughts And prayers are with u! I know how hard it is to go through this but the best comfort is knowing you gave him a great life and are able to do what is right for him and free him from pain. My heart goes out to you knowing what it feels like and still grieving for my precious boy myself. Scrabble will be there to greet Mannie at the bridge with a huge smile on his face. Big hugs as I know this is so difficult! My heart is with you

43. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

HI Michelle,

Sorry Mannie is still not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon. Hang in there.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

44. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle I'm sorry. My heart is broken. ((hugs)) Drive Free beautiful Mannie.

45. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss for words....tons of prayers and tears....safe journey, sweet Mannie.

46. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mannie's been at peace and no meds or shots - bonus! We all lubs you big guy. I'm so sorry Michelle.

Hey Mannie did I mention dat my flying kanagroos can make special trips accross the bridge? I have so many of dem kanagaroos, we all come and visit you soon love and headbutts your buddy Vyktor

47. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle I'm so sorry his time is here so fast. I'm glad he was peaceful and content today and that he gave you a sign. I know how hard this is for you, but you're doing the best thing for Mannie. He will be free from pain. Sending hugs and prayers.

48. Anne & Zener GA

Hey Mannie, you's the one and only nanner king. I's lub ya so much. You is my hero. Until we meet again... -Zener

49. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Thru my tears...sending comfort and love and safe crossing vines for LL's beloved Mannie.

Strength and comfort vines for you & yours on this loss Michelle. Mannie will be missed, & will always live in our hearts.

Desi

50. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Sending lots of hugs, I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers.

Kathie

51. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Mannie, you are my best pal, my buddy, my friend. I know that you have to journey to another place tonight. I will miss you so much, but I know that you are ready to take on a new adventure. The Blue Mannie Group will be rockin' at the Bridge now. Thanks for everything--all the great parties, all the great adventures, the picnics, the games, the rides in the roadster, the tree house, and all those fabulous fuds you taught us how to cook. I love you, man
    Rusty

(((((Michelle))))) Feel the love and compassion of your many, many friends here as you say farewell to your wonderful boy tonight. You are giving him the best gift and he has already told you how grateful he is. He will be safe at the Bridge, surrounded by his many pals there, until you meet again. I can see Chef Stu waiting at the Bridge Landing already with a beautiful new apron and chef's cap for Chef Mannie. They'll be whipping up some great fuds for their friends before you know it.
    Many hugs to you tonight, Michelle,
    Love,
    Ella & Edward

Farewell, Mannie. You will always be in our hearts. You are the best! We will think of you, Kitteh Barista, with every cup of coffee, every time we see a sunbeam. Bask in those sunbeams and send your mamabean and Nicholas a sign when you arrive safely at the Bridge.
    We love you very much,
    Auntie Ella & Uncle Edward

52. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((((((((Michelle and Mannie))))))))))
    You're in my thoughts and my heart is saddened. A candle has been lit to help light the way on Mannie's journey.
    Sending much love to you and your family...

53. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((((Michelle))))) (((((Mannie))))))

I have known, as you did, that this time was inching closer. I have a knot in my stomach and my eyes are filled with tears for the one and only, undisputed Nanner King and chef par excellence. Mannie is a legend of Lantus Land. His spirit will remain with all of us who have had the privilege to get to know him.

Fly free Mannie and land softly. Your bean is very, very brave and you will be reunited at the Bridge.

54. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle I am so sorry that it is Mannie's time to cross over. I wish I could take some of your pain away but I know that's not possible. Just know that all of us are thinking of you and your beautiful boy and sending all of our love and support to you and your family- especially Nicholas. I see such parallels in the relationship that Mannie and he have with what Tori and Ayanna have.

Soon Mannie you will arrive at the most beautiful place. You will feel young and vital again like you did when you were a kitten. No more shots and pills, no more tests. Your old friends will be there to greet you. I know that Tori and Tiga will be there front and center. Fly high and free sweet boy with your beautiful golden wings. Please pay a visit to your Momma and Nicholas very soon. They need to know that you arrived safely.

We all love you Mannie, the guarder of Nanners, chef extraordinaire. Fly free.

Barb and the boys with Tori and Tiga in spirit.

55. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

(((((((((((((Michelle and Mannie))))))))))))))))))) we are so going to miss you big guy

Do Lou and I are thinking of you both tonight :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

I lubs you Mannie until I see you atz the bridge my buddy Crazy Horse is there he and your pals from here can showz you all the sights that awaits you there
    yourz buddy Do Lou

56. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle - I read your condo as I'm waiting for my last client to show up. I should have waited. I'm crying with you as Mannie is set free from his earthly body that has failed. Hugs and more hugs to you and the big lug we have all come to love at LL. My heart is saddened by the loss you will feel without him.

:YMHUG:
    Karen

57. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((((Michelle and Mannie))))))

58. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Mannie, we all lubs you here. You are indeed a legend. Thanks so much for the great adventures, the fine dining and introducing my bean to nanners. The Blue Mannie Group honor guard is lining up and ready to rock you on. Your northern neighbour - Neko

(((Michelle))) - such a sad day here, I too am crying. You are such a strong person, but please take some time for yourself. It's been a very hard last few weeks. I am glad Mannie gave you a sign. I hope he will visit you and Nicholas and DH and Elsa soon, to let you know he is enjoying his next great adventure.

59. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) I am crying hearing the news of Mannie's crossing tonight. I am so sorry that he has not been well and that it was his time to go.

It breaks my heart when another of Max's friend is making the journey to the other side.
    Mannie has many friends waiting for him and there will be one yummy party tonight.
    I will light a candle to guide Mannie's way and may he land softly.

Hugs to all of you and to our angels who have gone before him.

60. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Michelle and Mannie)))
    Fly free sweet boy, we love you to the moon and back!
    Bless you Michelle for not being selfish and jumping through selfish human hoops to hang on daily.
    Love you and Mannie FURever.
    Prayers for peace and strength, hugs too.
    rb_icon rb_icon rb_icon​

61. Moosmommy

Moosmommy Member

Tears were streaming down my face while reading your posts.
    I don't know much about your furrfamily as I am fairly new here and don't get to read condos much, but from what I read tonight, you and Mannie are dearly loved.
    I pray you both have peace during this time and am sure Mannie is happy and at peace knowing how much he was loved.
    Hugs <3
    Annie & Moo

62. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Michelle )))

I know Mannie's passing will be full of love, grace, and dignity, but my heart is breaking for you.
    You are a model Mama Bean and Mannie is a legend here. He is loved by so many and will be
    thought of often. Fly free, dear boy, and land softly with our other guardian angels.

63. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

We Love You Mannie

((((((Michelle))))))
    Thank you for giving Mannie the best life he could get. Please tell him how much we all love him.
    He will have lots of kitties to play with and snuggle with at The Bridge, where he will wait for you.

Fly Free Beautiful Mannie, and land softly..
    [​IMG]
    Candles are lit to help you find your way. . .

64. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Michelle my heart is breaking for you. I haven't been on FDMB in about a year or so except when someone flags me for feeding tube stuff. I will always remember Mannie. He has spread infinite smiles through your pictures and updates. Hearing about him rounding up and guarding his nanners always refilled my heart past full and I always left your condo with a smile. Mannie was meant to be yours and only yours. I know he will be by your side in spirit always. I wish I could give you a real hug. I will light a candle for the Nanner King and your sweet boy tonight.

65. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting in your condo tonight, Michelle. I wish there was another hour, another day....but you know in your heart that it is his time and you will be there for him one last time.
    Peaceful passing, sweet sweet Mannie. You will always be remembered here in Lantus Land and beyound, not only for being you, but for being the nanner king.

(((Michelle))) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

66. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle, I'm so heartbroken to learn that Mannie will be crossing the bridge tonight. Seeing how he has progressed over the last couple of years feels like I'm losing one of my own.

Prayers to you and your family and a peaceful crossing for Mannie. He's such a lucky cat to have a bean like you.

67. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Mannie, it's been a privilege to have been a part of your wonderful, loving life here. Rest and play well sweet Warrior...see you again....

Michelle, hugs, just hugs, hugs, hugs...respect and honor...

68. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

(((Michelle)))
    each loss of a fdmb kitty bring me back to my own loss :cry: :cry: :cry:

may you find comfort in knowing Mannie knew he was loved....

i'm at a loss for the right words....so very sorry Michelle.... :sad: :sad: :sad:

69. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dearest (((Michelle)))

I've been dreading this day, knowing it was coming, but praying for a miracle anyway.
    I now pray that the Lord will give you the strength to turn your beloved Mannie, over to Him.
    It was a beautiful and unselfish gift you gave him today, with no pokes, no shots, just peace and comfort, and above all...love.

Thank you for being a good friend, Mannie. Thanks for all the good foods you cooked up for our parties. My mom loves you, my friend. We will remember you always, Mannie, 'Nanner King!
    Your Good Buddy,
    Checkers.

Michelle, I'm sending all the love and peace I possibly can. wings_cat

70. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((((((Michelle)))))))))

I am so glad that you are at peace and Mannie is at peace. The three amigos will always go on with Mannie there is spirit. Mannie is a LL legend and it will never, ever be the same.......I wish him a peaceful crossing with his beloved mama who did everything she could, every day. May he take his Nanners with him and reign always as the Nanner King...as BanannieMannie here and at the Bridge where he will join all the others who have gone before...where he will see BJ, Moonie and Copper, Scrabble, Curry, BigMac, Blackie, Stu, our Teddi Bear, Rocket, Maverick, Bear Man, Teddy, Emily.....too many to list...but they all wait for the King.

Love and prayers.

71. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/18 Mannie - Fly forever free

I have said good bye to my best friend, and I shall miss him. He crossed to the bridge with quiet dignity and grace, so true to his nature. Fly free Mannie, I shall never forget you, you will always be tucked away in a corner of my heart.

THANK YOU ALL for visiting Mannie today. I cannot thank all of you enough, there just aren't words. Mannie and I owe you everything. Thank you for caring, for being there for us.

72. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Michelle, I'm so sorry for your loss of Mannie. We have you both in our Prayers.

73. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

74. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Our dearest handsome Mannie. He was so much a part of all of us and we are all so sad at saying goodbye. I'm sure there are enough tears tonight to fill the ocean. I hope you know that so many of his old friends will be waiting to play with him as he crosses that bridge.

Michelle you are a generous and kind hearted woman who has welcomed and encouraged newbies, helped with advice, comforted the grieving and always ALWAYS brought cheer and good humor to every day in FDMB. We thank you for being YOU and truly wish you didn't have to suffer this heartbreak.

We love you.

75. Tena and Curry(GA)

Fly free "man-NIE". Land softly sweet boy. We will watch over your bean and hold her in our collective arms.

Attached Files:

76. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((((((((michelle))))))

my heart is breaking - it's like patty says, we love the Nanner King like he was ours. I'm so sorry his time came. I wish our little ones would stay with us longer - what a blessing he has been to you, your family, and all of us. He was so lucky to have you!!!

sending you love now and in the days ahead. you'll see him again. nothing truly ends, it just changes form. your sweet Mannie has gotten his wings.

julie

[​IMG]

77. Melissa & Tarragon

Fly free and land softly sweet boy. We will all miss you. ((((Michelle))))

78. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

No words, only tears, can convey our sadness for you, Michelle, at the crossing of your most beloved best friend. We hold you close in our hearts. Nanner King Forever.

Mannie's Candle

[​IMG]

79. quilterkitty

quilterkitty Member

Godspeed, Mannie, and peace to you. You are so very loved. Hugs to you, Michelle. You were the best mom and friend Mannie could have ever wanted. cat_pet_icon

80. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I couldn't bring myself to light a candle until I knew that Mannie was taking his steps across the Bridge. Travel safely Mannie. You are dearly loved by many.

[​IMG]

I hope the fable of why we choose tears eases your heart, Michelle.

81. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Fly free Mannie on your beautiful wings. Land softly whole and young again. You will be missed but your spirit will remain in LL.

(((HUGS Michelle)))

When I come to the end of the road
    and the sun has set for me,

I want no rites in a gloom filled room
    Why cry for a soul set free!

Miss me a little, but not for long,
    And not with your head bowed low,

Remember the love the we once shared,
    Miss me, but let me go!

For this a journey we all must take,
    and each must go alone,

It is all a part of the Master's plan
    A step in the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
    Go to the friends we know,

And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
    Miss me, but let me go!

We will miss you,
    But we will never forget you.

82. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

[​IMG]

Hugs
    Lisa and Do Lou

83. Patty & Champ

Anyone who has been on FDMB knows of Mannie. Michelle, you've proven to be the most devoted of beans. There's no one else who takes the time to make sure we have a great story to read each morning. The time you've taken each day to make all of us smile and laugh, making us forget the reason we're all logged onto FDMB (oh yeah, our cats have diabetes), has been a blessing. I hope one day to finally see a children's book about Mannie, the Nanner King, and all his awesome adventures. I'll never been able to look at a catnip banana without imaging Mannie picking up his pile, one by one, moving them from one side of the room to the other, arranging them just so. Thanks for sharing his greatness with all of us and letting me, and everyone else, love him and you. An era has ended.

84. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

For the dear, beloved Mannie...you are loved by so many and will be missed so much. Fly free, land softly, keep watch over your mamabean and family and keep the :coffee: :coffee: going!!

[​IMG]
    To light your way over the bridge. Be safe. Lubs ya, big guy.

[​IMG]

85. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle, my heart just breaks for you. I have been logging on the last few days just to see how you and Mannie were doing and i had so much hope that he would turn around, but it sounds like he was very much at peace and very content. (((((Michelle)))))

Mannie, fly free sweet boy and may you find a field of the freshest nanners to sniff and roll around in.

86. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I can't stop crying...

Fly Free Sweet Mannie...Nanner King...land softly at the Bridge. Enjoy your new adventure, and know that you are loved both here and there.

((((((((Michelle))))))))

Desi

87. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

We've never met, I'm so sorry,
    BEYOND THE RAINBOW

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, an on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do
    I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night
    "Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in it's brilliant shades of gold.
    For although we may not be together in the way we used to be
    We are still connected by a cord no one can see
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

88. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

Michelle & family...

Although Mego and I have not gotten to know you well enough in our short time here, we are deeply saddened tonight by the loss of a family member. :cry: :cry: :cry: I wish Mannie a butterfly taunting journey over the bridge this evening and we send our warmest hugs and blessings to you.

Michelle, you give me strength in my own heart to one day be as brave as you are tonight and facing your loss with courage. Mego still talks about the wonderful meal from the party you threw for us not so long ago. In fact, sometimes when Mego isn't impressed by my cooking, I think I can hear Mego muttering something like "Mannie knew how to do this you dummy, why can't you make me something I actually LIKE?!?" Something tells me he'll be cooking up a storm for all those who crossed before him.

Mannie - there are many candles around this world lighting your way tonight... godspeed to you.

89. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((((((((((Michelle))))))))))))))

I knew when I saw the number of posts when I got online that it must have happened.
    I am so sorry you had to say so long to our beloved Man-Nie. Your sweet boy with his sweeteyes.... We always called the squinty eyes... "making sweeteyes "...

Fly Free Mannie. rb_icon
    [​IMG]

90. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((Oh Michelle!))))))))))))))) We have all been so praying for a miracle, but we had our miracle in Mannie himself! You and Mannie were the heart and laughter of LL. Your spirit and joy fill all of us and help us go on. Take out ratitude and love for you and the Manster to ease you through this pain. Remember the LL adventures that made Mannie a legend here and the day to day joy that he brought to your home. Fly Free King Kamanniemannie!

[​IMG]

Mannie! Sillie beans indeed! We will drive with you to the edge of the Bridge Meadow. A caravan with the Wind in our Whiskers, the roadster, the Furrari, the Lambinksghinni and of course the bus filled w/ all your friends! One last celebration in honor of our bestest friend! -- Tess, being brave but missing you!

p.s. You know, you were the ONE!

91. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Michelle)))) I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you. I know how much you love Mannie and I'm sure he knows it too. He will forever be in your heart. Prayers of peace and comfort for you and your family.

Fly Free Mannie....And land softly wings_cat

92. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle just want to offer my deepest condolences for your loss. Please know I am here for you in your time of need. Scrabble will be there to guide Mannie to the bridge. Bug hugs! You did your best for him. Fly free sweet Mannie you will be sorely missed by everyone. My prayers are with you.

93. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((Michelle)))I seriously am at a loss for words. You have managed to make Mannie bigger than life---indestructible and maybe he is. Maybe his work is not finished. In his too short life he has surely gotten the best parts of your spirit in his soul and will carry that with him on the next part of his journey bringing joy and fun to all of our GA's gone before him who will be waiting with open paws to welcome your precious boy.

You are an inspiration and have been nothing but healing and positive since the moment you and Mannie joined this board. You are both deeply loved and if you take anything from this experience know that you made a difference and Mannie will always be remembered with lots and Lots of love.

Fly Free Precious Mannie...feel the wind in your whiskers !

Love,
    Caryl and Alex (and Jackson waiting at The Bridge)

94. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

(((Michelle)))

It's with a very heavy heart that I read your condo. What a beautiful and compassionate gift you gave to your best buddy. I'm so, so sorry it was his time to go. Mannie will be sorely missed. I've lit a candle here for him. Mannie is a LL legend, and will live on in all of our hearts.

May he get all the sniffs, sunbeams, and nanners a kitty could ever want on the other side of the bridge. Fly free and land softly, sweet Mannie. rb_icon wings_cat rb_icon

Big hugs to you, Michelle.

95. Jennifer & Saima (GA)

Jennifer & Saima (GA) Member

I am so, so sorry for your great loss. Godspeed, Mannie. :cry:

96. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry! I didn't see your last post when I posted before. Poor Mannie. I guess it's just his time to go. He had such a wonderful life but he's tired now and ready for the next big adventure. I know how much you love him. It's such a hard decision to make but also the kindest one when life has become a burden.

I hope the good memories overtake the pain quickly when you see photos of his sweet beautiful face.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

97. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

Michelle,
    You have truly blessed all of us with your wonderful spirit and gift of writing on behalf of your beloved Mannie. What a lucky kitty he was to have you as his bean! And thank you for sharing such a special kitty with us, making us all fall in love with him. So many hearts are breaking tonight at this loss.

wings_cat Fly free, sweet prince; long live the Nanner King wings_cat

98. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

((((Michelle)))) I'm so sorry it was Mannie's time to go. I don't log in often anymore, but when I do, I always want to see how our Mannie is doing. He has been such a presence in Lantus Land and will be missed by all. I'm sending love to you and your family, and dreams of nanners to the sweet Nanner King.

99. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just joined here and what I read, he was a great and awesome cat.

100. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

(((Michelle))) My heart and prayers go out to you. As someone said before me, you and Mannie were the heart and soul here on LL with the laughs, road trips, Mannie's nanners. Espresso deliveries and the adorable times between Nicholas and Mannie.
    Fly free sweet Mannie and look for my GA Mikey there at the Bridge, along with all our other GA kitties, to greet and help you cross the Bridge. I will light his candle for Mannie.
    Mannie, now you are whole and jumping and playing and have all day to lay in the grass and catch sunbeams. Mags and I love you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.