4/14/21 - Squeaky! AMPS = 310 PMPS 382, +6=206

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...3-considering-what-to-do.246116/#post-2777366

What do you get when you have a cat that eats a lemon?
    .....A sour puss

Taking up where we left off last night..... Just trying to figure this out...... Thank you for help. @Christie & Maverick @Bandit's Mom @Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee @thebigfuzz

Thanks Gals! I do get we would hold the dose at 93 with either method.

Okay, so we have the data we have, and Elise said: "It could be from pancreatitis but he went high for so long. That tends to happen when too many reductions are taken quickly." So if I do the exact thing I did before (GLGS), won't there be a high chance that the same thing would happen again?

So I was not knowledgeable enough to even know about glucose toxicity AND I sure am not able to understand and manipulate the nuances of onset, nadir, etc. So there is no way I can make an informed decision, all I can do is just guess and hope for the best.

If you all can help, that is great....... What if we did the reductions at 80 instead of 90 (or 70)? I do not understand how that would help anything, or hurt anything, but seems what we did before didn't work so what do you think?

(Yes I do get that sometimes I need additional testing, like if he is very low right at preshot, I need to monitor and make sure I can keep his numbers steady. If it doesn't happen all the time, I can do it sometimes. But not every day!)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!! Wishing everyone a great day at the beach, real or imagined.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Squeaky slides back down today. :bighug::bighug:

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you want to move back to SLGS, you can at any time. Just change the TR in your subject line to SLGS, and maybe add something like "reductions at 80". It's OK to customize SLGS, once you have the data to do so. Meaning you know how Squeaky works on Lantus, his onset and nadir, and you have a good idea how carb sensitive he is. Lowering the reduction point to 80 would allow him to stay at a dose giving him green nadirs in the 80's, rather than having to reduce because he went under 90. Green numbers are healing for the pancreas, so being at a dose where he can see more green is good for him.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Carla, Suzanne, and Wendy, for the encouragement. And Wendy, for the instruction. Glad you helped me understand that green heals the pancreas. I will try for that. His numbers don't seem to move up and down as quickly as I have heard they do with other cats. So I think this sounds like a good strategy. I still think I don't have an intellectual handle on how all of this works, but little by little I learn more (just understood glucose toxicity but not what causes it) and, well, this seems to be a long-term thing we're doing..... so I'll be learning more.....

He seems to be bouncing again (?) I hope he comes down soon. I'll switch to GLGS when his numbers are steadily lower. Wendy, I don't need to change the dose now, right? So glad you and others are helping me know what to do. Thank you so much for your support.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Prolonged time in high numbers, his body gets used to higher numbers and becomes his "new normal".

No, you don't need to change the dose right now but soon. With TR, we hold doses giving you green nadirs for 10 cycles, which it will be tonight.

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Wendy. So do we decrease or increase tonight? Only one green nadir!