? 3/30 Haley - AMPS 154, +2 109, +6 70, +11.5 71, PMPS 70, +2 78, +3 77, +10 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Haleysmom, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Haleysmom

Haleysmom Well-Known Member

AMPS 154

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I see Haley had a beautiful surf last night:D:D. Looks like she is heading for a repeat performance today.:D

Haleysmom likes this.
  3. Haleysmom

Hi, Lyla. Ty. I hope so!

4. Haleysmom

I have a question. There is an event that I would like to go to on May 9. I know it’s way early to ask but I’m a planner and I won’t worry so much. I would have to leave the house about 6 PM and I’ll be home about 9:30.

There’s also an event that I go to about 4 to 5 times a summer. It’s very important to me to go but, of course,
    Haley’s more important. I normally leave at 8:30 in the morning to get there by 10 AM. It ends at 7 PM so I normally wouldn’t be home until 9:30PM. I wouldn’t expect to stay the whole day. I don’t have anyone who would come in to test her, though. I would gladly hire somebody to come in and take care of her but Haley is the kind of kitty that runs and hides as soon as someone is at the door. I could put her in the bathroom, with everything she needs, and have someone come in, I suppose. And maybe have that person come ahead of time and get to know her. Could you please throw me some ideas. I’d really like to go at least two or three times. Actually, there’s a legal thing involved, and although it’s important for me to go because I enjoy it it’s important for me to be there this year because of that.

Is it going to be possible to work these out?

5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Look at Haley go! This is your lowest PS yet, congratulations on shooting it. I love all the tests you are getting in, too!

Haleysmom likes this.
  6. Haleysmom

Ty, Margaret! She's being a trooper, too! What a good girl! Things are making sense to me as to when to test and give her LC, at least. So much more to understand and learn. I'm trying:)

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yes. It will be possible to work all of these out. For the full days, they may involve shooting a lower dose, skipping a shot, shooting as normal, adjusting shot times and/or leaving out higher carb food for Haley...depending on numbers, your schedule. Food will need to be left out for her regardless. But there is certainly a way to make it happen and we will help you. We just can't give you a fixed plan this far in advance, because it will depend on what Haley's numbers are doing much much closer to then. even on the day of. You'll probably want to wake up earlier and get a +10 before AM preshot, so we can see where she might be heading. That will give us an idea of what type of food should be left out for her, for example. Another thing you may want to think about is how will she get fed those days? Will someone come by and put fresh food out for her? Do you have an autofeeder?

THis is just to give you some ideas on what we can do. THat said, May 9th and summer are a long way away...who knows what Haley will decide to do between now and then:D. What will matter is what she is doing numbers wise when the time comes.

Haleysmom likes this.
  8. Haleysmom

Thanks so much, Lyla. Yeah, I know it's too far in advance to know for sure. I just wanted to know if it might even be possible, just so I could worry less about it. I can get an auto feeder but I have two other cats. One is a total mooch so he'd probably edge her out, plus, he bullys her. The other likes to stay in my bedroom but the mooch isn't allowed in there because he does bad things in there, if you know what I mean. I could put them both in there with food and water and a litter box (but it's questionable as to whether or not the mooch will use it. He's 15. I get upset but not at him. I guess he can't remember where to go?). Anyway, I think that's what I'd need to do. Put the two boys in the bedroom, with two auto feeders and have Haley have the run of the house with an auto feeder. It's ok to leave canned cat food in there for a period of time?

Yes, we'll rethink this when the times come. Thanks, Lyla!!:bighug: