3/30 Darcy PMPS 308, +3 279, +4 248, +5 255

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good morning! I was glad to see a lower preshot this morning, but I just don't "get" my cat on R. Some days it drops him a lot, other days .... nothing.... today is a nothing day. I wish my cat was normal.

I can't remember if I ever said this before... but when Darcy was first diagnosed, I was so relieved that it was "only diabetes." Oh... we should be able to manage that... how hard can it be.... you just give them insulin twice a day and voila... you get glucose control and he goes back to feeling well and doesn't just lie around all the time, etc. I was so relieved that it was not kidney disease causing him to drink tons of water and have such a poor haircoat. I guess it's a good thing that we don't know the future.

Having said all that... as I sit here typing, my daughter is playing with Darcy with a ribbon and he's actually rolling around and playing with it and seems to be enjoying himself. It will be short-lived, but he's liking it!

yesterday: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...17-6-301-9-418-10-5-315-pmps-350-10-r.245417/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I hope for many more moments of Mr. Darcy playing with your daughter and a ribbon:). Come down to the beach today, Mr. Darcy...there may even be a ribbon for you to play with:cool:.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the playing. I hope Darcy slides down today.

5. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Mr Darcy earns this :cat::banghead:. Numbers looking better than yesterday!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Not as wonky today. A little better.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Still not too bad... quite flat so far. About an hour left in this cycle. I gave a small 2% snack at about +10 so who knows what I'll get for PMPS, but I doubt it will raise his BG much.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What happens on an R cycle depends on what's happening with the L cycle too. If he's bouncing, sometimes the R just flattens him out or prevents higher numbers from a bounce (a good thing). And it's possible today's cycle was that last bit of NDW. And also, sometimes Levemir is just a lot flatter than Lantus.

On the good news side, you are starting to see what is mostly the Lev and work, and not a combo with Lantus. You notice any difference with Darcy with the shots?

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Not bad today.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Nope. That boy just munches away on a bit of food while I shoot and never seems to notice a thing :) He never reacted to the Lantus... not even a twitch or a quiver. I'm glad he didn't turn into a maniac as I have heard of some other cats doing on large doses of Lantus.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  11. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Always nice to see more yellows than pinks. Keep at it, Suzanne. Mr. Darcy is one lucky kitty. :):bighug:

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, Katherine! Say hi to Ruby from us! :)

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

He's going down. I hope he won't bounce tomorrow if he goes lower than he's comfortable with tonight.

14. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Looks like Mr Darcy just wanted a pretty sunset today after his super flat day. Those are the set of numbers that make you wonder if there's a problem with the meter ;). Back to Mr Sunshine now for the night-after-the-full-moon! (or maybe more than one night, it's just a blur to me)

15. Suzanne & Darcy

Good luck with the R tonight! I'm watching over Minnie!

Liz & Minnie likes this.