3/30 Cargo AMPS 156, 228@1.25, 271@5, PMPS 397, 95@3.5, 63@+4, 63@4.5, 58@5, 61@5.5, 68@6, 81@6.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Good morning!

156. Lowest AMPS in a month and by far! Yay! (Insert happy dance emoji!) I will shoot the full amount (mayyyyybe just a little skinny) and monitor. Wish us luck that we actually get a day at the beach or maybe even take a dip in the lagoon! :woot:

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Good luck! Happy to see Cargo's numbers looking better.

4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Well bummer, appears to be a bounce. :rolleyes:

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Aren't you glad you didn't skinny the dose? ;)

FWIW, you shot numbers like these in the past, albeit a while ago. Other than his numbers, how is he doing otherwise? That would be what we call the Whole Cat Report (WCR) :D

6. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

It is very frustrating, but its been a while since he saw low numbers.... it will get better though!

7. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Nice to see that blue AMPS. I'm sure he'll be rocking the lagoon again in no time, Mel, once his liver recognizes those lower numbers as friendlies. :cool:

8. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks everyone! It does seem like he's on a bounce. But I'll take that to be a good sign that we're getting closer to the dose that's going to turn the corner. He's been feeling pretty good today - normal purring and preening. Lots of naps, and happily no puking! I've added a sprinkle of egg yolk into his diet and so far that seems to be helping with the puking.
    Paws crossed he breaks the bounce soon!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  9. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Holy bounce-buster Batman! Just fed a on-the-high-end-of-medium carb snack to slow the drop. Guess we did see the lagoon today, but had to cliff dive to get there! Will be monitoring for a bit to make sure he's rising and out of trouble. :eek:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's good you got a test. This happened with me once too. 300 something PMPS after a day in green and I considered skipping the before bed test since I was sure she was bouncing. Only to find her in the 50s!

11. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Yes, quite a shock! And Cargo's not out of the woods yet, still dropping. Still monitoring and standing by with Karo. @Bandit's Mom I've been feeding 1 Tb MC, should I increase it to HC?

12. Bandit's Mom

What is your MC%?

13. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Not exactly sure as it's not specifically on Dr. Lisa's list, but it's Merrick's Purrfect Bistro Chicken in gravy. Similar consistency to their Backcountry Chicken - so maybe around 10-12 carbs?

P.S. It looks like maybe he's bottomed out. Will check again in 20 minutes...

14. Bandit's Mom

Feed some LC. Testing in half an hour should be okay.

15. Bandit's Mom

There's no chicken in gravy under Purrfect Bistro. There's a Chicken Casserole at 11% and a Chicken Divan at 13%. A Cowboy Cookout at 18%.

16. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Still going down but slowly. 58 at the PM+5. Just fed 1 Tsp LC. Shall I test again in another half hour?​

17. Bandit's Mom

Yes. LC and half an hour. :)

18. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

She doesn't have the Chicken in gravy listed specifically. So yes, we have to interpolate the %. I don't think it's as high as the Cowboy Cookout as it's not the same consistency. But probably somewhere between 10-13%. Is that considered MC? Or HC?

I just fed Cargo some FF salmon - so back to LC.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Bandit's Mom

Gravy is usually HC. If you can read the Guaranteed Analysis off the can label, you can calculate the approximate carb% using this calculator. Look at dry matter carb% right at the end.
    http://www.scheyderweb.com/cats/catfood.html

20. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

New cool toy!! Thanks, that's an awesome calculator! So shows what I know - the Dry Carb Matter came out to 18% after all! So oops, guess I fed HC! Do you think I totally screwed up his cycle...or worse, next cycle as well? :facepalm:
    Also, should I feed another Tbsp of LC right now or let him rise naturally as he seems to have passed the nadir?
    Lastly, when should I get another reading?

21. Bandit's Mom

Not at all in fact, the HC (if it is that since we only have guaranteed analysis which are approx values) helped slow him down and he is surfing so beautifully.

Last meal was at +5?

I think you switch to hourly tests now.

22. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thank you so much Bhooma! Yes, last snack at +5. He doesn't normally get that much food at night, ha ha! Maybe that's why he's pulling this stunt - get more attention and food! Should I feed a little more LC?
    Just tested now at +6 and he's rising nice and slow at 68. :cool:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

No, don't feed. Let's see if he rises without food. If he's higher at +6.5, you can call it a night.

Lovely cycle!

24. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

81! Thanks again Bhooma! Many purrs to you and Bandit! Night night!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  25. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi. Mel
    Lovely to finally see some green numbers.
    Hoe is Cargos asthma going?