3/3 Marley |AMPS 340|+6 50|+10 208|

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MarleyMoo, Mar 3, 2021.

1. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

2. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

I know 50 isn't necessarily bad, but he's never dropped this low and he's seeking out food hard.

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good catch! did you feed? It's getting late in the cycle but you could do a teaspoon of MC and test in 30.

4. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

He ate all of the food I had out from earlier just now (about 1/2 can). LC Friskies. Should I hold off for a bit on more food incase he drops more and needs to be hungry?

I was definitely surprised considering his AMPS and +3. I thought maybe he'd get to 100, but not 50!

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

Yes to keeping him hungry - also, it's up to you if you want to give him a bit of MC (a teaspoon); test in 30 from when he ate. I'll stick around for a bit :bighug:

Yesterday, what did you use to get Marley to surf nicely so early in the cycle?

6. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

Ok. I tested at +15 minutes and plan to test again in about 20 minutes (30 minutes after the 55 test)
    Absolutely nothing! I think his body is just adjusting to Lantus after being so wonky on ProZinc and is finally balancing a little. I know he bounced up in the evening, but it's a better bounce than the previous one.

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. JaxBenji

yes today was a bounce breaking cycle - it sure came with a lot of momentum :)

What's your feeding schedule for Marley? I tried to look at your previous condos to see and sorry if I missed it. Small meals are good and can help keep kitties surfing.

8. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

He has food down at all times until -2/+10. He was insatiable previously at his high numbers and losing weight, so I pretty much refilled his food throughout the entire day and night. It ended up being about 2-4 Friskies/9 lives cans and he's finally maintaining. Now that his numbers are coming down, he doesn't scarf the food down as much and I have to refill less often.

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

yay, isn't it nice! That FD hunger is for realll. I knew Jax was doing better when he gained weight (and stopped begging for food!). When Jax got in better numbers, I started feeding at regular intervals - he now gets fed at PS/+2/+4/+6. I do feed differently if he's having an active cycle. I also use an auto feeder (day and night :)). Just something to think about as Marley flattens out :bighug:

MarleyMoo likes this.
  10. JaxBenji

that's a decent jump :) I personally wouldn't feed and I'd test in 30 (so 1 hour since food) to see if he's holding his own (paws crossed he is) then you can feed LC and test in another hour. I have to run start dinner but others may be on the board soon in case you need help (though you did fantastic :bighug:).

MarleyMoo likes this.
  11. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

Thank you! I'll be testing again soon

JaxBenji likes this.
  12. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

We shoot in 2 hours. Today wasn't a reduction, right? I still give full dose?

JaxBenji likes this.
  13. JaxBenji

Correct; on TR, only reduce if you catch a <50 on a human meter :)

MarleyMoo likes this.
  14. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

That's why I wasn't sure. He got exactly 50 and then a 55, so I wasn't sure if given the variance, it was possible it was a reduction.

JaxBenji likes this.