3/29 Oberon AMPS 418 (0.75 R),+3 301,+6 125, +7 110, +8 93, +9 73, +10 164, PMPS 185, +3 237, +5 281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Oberon comes back down today.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Good grief. He's coming down, alright! Just gave a tiny bit of 15% FF along with his regular food to maybe try to slow him down a bit.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow. You would think the R would have already worn off by +6? That should be the L, right? But I guess the R helped the L! ;) Darcy started the day at the same place, but I couldn't give R because it was a dose increase day (I have a bad feeling we will be having a lot of those dose increase days soon). I'll be watching to see what Oberon does after the 15% food + the regular food. Hope you both have a nice afternoon.

5. Lisa & Oberon

Yeah, this wasn't just the R. It's possible the R helped kick it off, but this was mostly just one of his quick spike/dive moves. He probably would have done it without the R, just not quite so steep. The problem is that when he comes down really fast, he seems to "overshoot" into the limes initially before coming back up to a reasonable number. In the past, that has meant that he earned reductions when he probably didn't really need them. Now I'm trying to avoid that by giving just a bit of carb when he's diving. We'll see where he levels off today. (If at all... he's been very bouncy lately!)

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some cat is "doing the rainbow today". :rolleyes:

Here's the thing, Oberon has IAA, and the antibodies can mess with the timing. Not unusual to have later effects in the cycle with R if IAA in the picture.

7. Lisa & Oberon

All we were missing was yellow, and he managed to get that, too. BINGO!

Yep, though today's drop was clearly more than just the R at work. But he rarely if ever has anything that looks like a normal Lantus cycle.

Bouncing again now, so I'm off to bed.