3/28 Mouzer: PMPS +3.5 49/+4 60/+5 58/+5.5 60/+6 57/+7 48/+7.5 62/+8 69/+9 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Mouzer is more calm as I am not pushing teaspoon plates in his face every time he sees me hahaha
    He is staying in my bed, where he likes to see out the window. He has not been running when I enter with the ear pricking package and I am now being able to test, feed and let him eat all food and then give the shot, so that is a move forward with Mouzer practically giving me permission to do all of this :)

I wish a wonderful day for all kitties and parents :)

I do like seeing the green because that is where healing takes place and I will forever remain hopeful. Without the need for insulin, I am accustomed to Mouzer's norm with quite a bit of blue but for now, with the need for insulin, it appears he must be green, so green it must be hahaha

For Mouzer's norm, without need for insulin, if he started having a lot of blue running over 125, I would get concerned, but as long as he still had green, I would be ok. If he threw 150 and 160 at me, I would make sure to see that he did go back down to the low blue or the upper green. So, expecting ongoing, regular green is a new thing with us. I even made a fretting noise as I saw his 148 this morning :D

3/28 Mouzer: AMPS 148/+2 119/+4 93/+6 92/+9 83
    3/28 Mouzer: PMPS 75/+1 85/+2 58/+3 54/+3.5 49/+4 60/+5 58/+5.5 60/+6 57/+7 48/+7.5 62/+8 69/+9 84

3/27 Mouzer: AMPS 109/+1 103/+2 91/+3 68/+4 59/+5 56/+6 46/+6.5 68/+7 81/+9 57/+10 84/PMPS 129/+2 111/+4 105/+7 90

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

His SS looks like that of a different cat now! I think they realize that what we do makes them feel better. It must be a relief to have testing/feeding/shooting go smoothly.

Come on Mouzer, work this dose!

I hope you were able to catch up on some sleep last night, Cherryl. :)

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad things are easier with the testing and feeding with Mouzer. I hope he slides down and gives you a blue/green surf today.

4. Cherryl & Mouzer

And Mouzer is back to his nod as he meets me eye to eye and I so love that nod. He is a big kitty and when I peep in at him and he gives me that nod, it has always made me think ... What a cool cat you are :D And with these numbers, I am only seeing a few specks of dandruff here and there, so that is clearing up as he holds better levels. And Oh Yes! Last night, after the pmps +7, I set the alarm and told all the kitties that are at this location, well I can grab a little bit of sleep tonight!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You Carla and I hope the same for Furball! Furball is such a beautiful kitty - I would make a heart here but I do not know how :)

6. Cherryl & Mouzer

I wanted to get the amps +2 posted.
    If someone finds a little time and sees this post, would you mind seeing my thoughts and whatever I am incorrect in thinking, please correct me? I really want to know what I am doing.

As I stare at the amps +2 119 bg, I recall at some point, someone saying it looks like we found Mouzer's dose and something about sweet spot, something on that order. This was when his dose was at 2u bid.
    This is Mouzer's 5th cycle with 1.75u bid. Previous dose is working its way out, while current dose is working its way in. This is a bounce? Am I correct in either or both of these thoughts?

And today we will get a better idea of how this current dose is working for Mouzer, and if he remains in blues, or even goes higher of course, we will need to take his dose back up to 2.0u bid? And if we do that, will I always be having to do the hourly and 30 minute test because he did get hypo in the first time with this dose?

Thank You for any knowledge and corrections you may provide :)

I have to leave my house but I will get back on my laptop later today, so I will be back to tend to things here for Mouzer.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  7. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

I understand your worries but look at Chico’s 1.25 dose, he is much more in the blues than Mouzer is and for now we give him time. We have to look at the fact that just yesterday Chico was in his 50s and we had to honey him up a bit for him not to drop more. There is not much space for dose increase there. Mouzer went under 50 just yesterday, don’t worry in advance with the need of increasing :D i say that to you and to myself haha

i guess we have to let them bounce it off even though we don’t like it :)

8. Cherryl & Mouzer

So, this is 'the bounce'? The previous dose and current dose ... crossing paths?
    I think I am ok - The more I understand the more calm comes to me. And thank you for your input. That eases my mind even more.

With what I have for today's am numbers, I have been working my mind to put together what is going on.
    We went from hypo green and no dose reduction and then we began the blues. We are waiting to see what turns out when the previous dose is worn out and we know we are with the current dose --- The Bounce is taking place -- I keep rather stressing the bounce because my mind does struggle comprehending where we are calling what a bounce -- so, if I am calling this a bounce and it is not a bounce, please make sure I understand this and I thank you in advance :)

To continue my observations -
    Today, we have come from blue, back to green. This pmps of 75 that I just shot with --- is this called shooting through the bounce?
    Or was the am shot with the blue, called shooting through the bounce?
    And so, we will now get to see how Mouzer works the current dose?
    And shooting at the pmps of 75, is not what I actually shot at, but it is where we would like Mouzer to remain, there or some lower or some higher but there, for the most. This could turn out that the 1.75u bid, will keep Mouzer at these numbers.

Am I comprehending correctly what is happening here since 3rd and 4th cycle?
    Or have I not even seen a bounce at all and I need to be made understood where the bounce falls?

9. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am going to catch a pmps +1 and so forth, being as I shot at pmps 75 -
    I have my laptop out and outside on the carport. I will be able to tend to Mouzer and keep an eye on my laptop at the same time.
    I thought maybe I should keep all ready to get to in case Mouzer goes lower than I am comfortable with.

10. Cherryl & Mouzer

pmps +2 58
    Rock steady, Mouzer :D

lolol Gone from being scared to death with the sick adrenaline,
    to some kind of smiling adrenaline from the green -
    Yeah! I am addicted now :D

11. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I was just going to say, look at you casually saying you shot a 75 after freaking out about the 100-something the other day! Hopefully tonight isn't TOO exciting...

12. Cherryl & Mouzer

You made me laugh big :D
    I know! Look at me over here as if I know what I am doing ahahaahahahaaa
    This is funny! I just looked in on Mouzer and he is in his laying position with his head up, alert, so I will wait for 30 more minutes, at +3.
    As long as we can keep him up - 46 and get to 50's, I am fine. I have yet to experience lower, so we will see at that time :D

13. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Mouzer's looking so good and you're doing a phenomenal job keeping him surfing, Cherryl! What a huge corner he has turned in the past few days. Brava!

14. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you and Go Mouzer and I am with him in this corner turn :D

15. Cherryl & Mouzer

pmps +3.5 49

Am I supposed to ask someone to watch this?
    Or am I to wait and see what takes place next and if goes up, continue with 1.75u in the am tomorrow?

16. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Its not too bad of a drop, I'd see where you're at in 30 mins.

I see @tiffmaxee is on, not sure about @Bandit's Mom yet

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Give some higher carbs and test in 1/2 hour. You don't want him lingering below 50.

This lime green is the 1.75 units dose talking. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to you, but for a long term diabetic cat, if following TR, the reduction point moves to below 40. Long term diabetic is one that is over a year past initial diagnosis, which Mouzer is.
    No, shooting through the bounce is something you can do after a reduction is earned. If the cat bounces high after earning a reduction, you can shoot the old higher dose one more time, before reducing it the cycle afterwards.

18. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You!

Thank you for explaining the shooting through the bounce ...
    And thank you for letting me know about the below 40, so I feel ok that he drops into the 40's.
    And with this being the 1.75u talking, and I was guessing that is what this is, then so far 1.75u is a safe dose to continue, as long as he does not go below 40? And if so, that means I will have to monitor him every hour as long as he continues the lower greens? Or is it that the 1.75u will level out to a not so low of a green that you have to sit right on top of?

19. Cherryl & Mouzer

Got an amps +4 60 :)

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I forgot to mention two other ways long term diabetics can earn reductions. First is spending a week (7 days) in largely green/normal number range. The second, if the cat is one that doesn't hold reductions well, is to wait for 3 drops between 40 and 49.

21. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You!
    So, if there is a week of largely green range and there was a reduction due to keeping this range, if by chance the numbers went up, we know to go back to the dose that kept the normal range... I think I got it but of course, let me know if I do not :)

22. Cherryl & Mouzer

For now, it looks like 1.75u is the dose for Mouzer and when I have to leave the house for three or four hours and he goes to the 40's, I do not have to freak out :D

23. Bandit's Mom

Oops! All of us forgot about this and took the reduction from 2 to 1.75 after a single drop below 50. Do we stick to the rule for long term diabetics going forward? I guess so...

Cherryl, here is the sticky about earning reductions:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ng-reductions-and-starting-otj-trials.150160/

24. Cherryl & Mouzer

Going by how Mouzer looks now, to me it appears the 1.75u was a good call.
    Of course, I do not know much but what is going on now appears to me to be the 1.75u at work and it looks pretty good, minus the little drop, which does have me nervous about when I have to leave him for three or four hours but I could hope he would pull up from 49, or anywhere in the 40's, on his own if he dropped while I was away. Thank you for the sticky :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  25. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

Should I do a test run ... If Mouzer gets into the 50's, do not give any mc, and if he gets to the 40's, do not give any hc, and see how low into the 40's he goes and if he can pull up on his own? And that way I could feel better when I have to leave him for three or four hours, that if he dropped, he would pull up on his own?

26. Bandit's Mom

No! We always feed the 40s. Depending on when in the cycle, one uses different levels of carbs - higher carbs are needed to bring numbers up earlier in the cycle than later. The only time I can think of when one doesn't feed the 40s is if they happen at PS and you stall to see if numbers come up on their own. Even this is done only with CGs who have experience with shooting low numbers.

I would suggest that if you get one drop below 50, you let him earn the 2nd and 3rd drop by feeding LC when he in the 50s. That is, not try to keep him at the dose with higher carbs.

I am tagging @Wendy&Neko and @Marje and Gracie for their opinion as well.

27. Cherryl & Mouzer

I want my head clear ... You mean when he gets into the 50's, feed LC instead of MC and let him drop to the 40's, if he is going to drop, and then feed the HC? I just want to feel better about having to leave for the three or four hours. For the most, I am able to not leave until he is where I am sure all is safe, but my concern is how he could be showing me a 90 and then drop to the lower numbers within an hour or so and if I was not here to see that.

28. Bandit's Mom

If you have to leave the house and cannot monitor, you would feed HC/MC if he were running on the lower side. Allowing him to earn the reduction is only for cycles when you can monitor him and bring up when does drop below 50.

29. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You - And he just went to pmps +7 48
    This is second drop this cycle. Do I need coffee or is this about over? heehee

30. Bandit's Mom

Considering he is dipping this late in the cycle despite multiple rounds of HC/MC, I'm wondering if you should take a reduction to 1.5U

@Wendy&Neko
    @Marje and Gracie

31. Cherryl & Mouzer

Oh! I will wait to find out, so I know for in the morning - well, so I know for am shot lol it is morning now :D This is funny!
    And I am staying up until I see him come above 60, at least to 67 or so.
    I forgot to put on SS that at +6 with the 57, he was really hungry, so I gave him 2 tablespoons of LC. I added that to SS, now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  32. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

If by chance Wendy and Marje do not get here to make sure I know to stick with 1.75 or to do 1.5, what do you suggest I do when it comes am shot time? It is late for Marje, I think - I dont know Wendy's time. I am hoping Mouzer comes on up so I can grab a couple of hours sleep -- I hope, anyhow :D

33. Bandit's Mom

I am leaning towards taking the reduction to 1.5U. He held the previous reduction, he has dipped below 50 tonight after multiple feeds of higher carbs and more than anything else, to give you a break. More for you than him.
    If he doesn't hold this reduction to 1.5U, that would mean we need to follow the rule for long term diabetics going forward.

34. Cherryl & Mouzer

Before I do the am ritual, I will get up early enough to get my laptop out and see if Wendy or Marje have made a post, if not, I will do the 1.5 just to be safe and if that does not turn out so well, I guess we can take him back up to 1.75 and no harm done. It would not hurt to do a 1.5 for in the morning and still have to go back to 1.75 if Wendy or Marje say he needs to stay there, right?
    I got a pmps +8 69 but I am waiting til pmps +9 to make sure it is safe for me to grab a little sleep --
    I dont know why I keep talking about sleep for this time hahaha I do not think sleep is possible at this point :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  35. Marina & Chico

OMG what a challenging night you had, great job you both :) Good luck with your decision in the morning

36. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You! It did turn out to be most unexpected haahahaa I had figured once we got through the one drop below 50, Mouzer would be on his way up from there. He must be making sure I must give him my undivided attention ahahaahaha Cats! They are Attention Hogs :D

37. Bandit's Mom

CHerryl, I think it's safe to take a break from testing. Any chance you can get a couple of hours sleep?

38. Cherryl & Mouzer

Mouzer is pmps +9 84
    I probably wont get to sleep but I am going to at least lie down. I have to get up at 4am to start my work and it is 2:30am now.
    If I do not see a post from Wendy or Marje before am shot time, I will do the 1.5 shot for am. They can always tell me to take it back to 1.75 if that is what needs to be done. I just am so nervous about this because we cannot go like this with no sleep and as much as I do want to do what is best for Mouzer, the caregiver cannot function this way ahahahahaahaa And I am not complaining :) I am simply stating the obvious :)
    And thank you for taking time out to help me out this evening and am time :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  39. Bandit's Mom

I agree. That is why I suggested taking the reduction to 1.5U

40. Cherryl & Mouzer

OK! I will go for 1.5 in the am ... If this does not hold, we can get him back to 1.75. I am thinking surely 1.5 wont hurt and it might allow me to sleep some time maybe ahahahaa Unless Mouzer insists we continue this game :D

Marina & Chico and Bandit's Mom like this.
  41. Marina & Chico

We will keep our fingers crossed for the reduction to work :cat::cat: he was very active on the 1.75 :rolleyes:

42. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you for the crossed fingers! It has been quite funny, really :D Just because I was not expecting another all nighter so quickly hahaahaa
    And I love that face ... :rolleyes: I do not know how to make those cute faces but I sure love them!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]