3/14 Latte AMPS-353, PMPS-211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Last Night:
    PMPS (+11.25)-245
    +2-275
    +4-422
    +6.5-387
    AMPS-353, same as yesterday

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9016

Latte did not read the memo about the time change and still only wanted to start eating at 11/11:30pm (the new 12/12:30). She also did not want to wake up at 6am (the old 5am). The hard work she put into eating this a.m. has all been wiped up with a paper towel after vomiting twice. Her system is now completely clear of any food particles. It is unlikely there will be one bit of food in her system for at least the beginning of this cycle.

Will do all meds soon (lots of tummy stuff), probably start another round of cerenia (more tummy stuff), and an appy stim later.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353

Poor babies....I hope that Latte will keep her food down soon...wishing you both a beautiful Sunday....snuggle today, eh?

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Latte, I like to vomit, too, but only after I eat brown weeds. I hope that your stomach feels better as the day goes on (the time change takes some getting used to, even with the excellent preparation we all got). Eat your good food and be nice to your bean!
    Your friend,
    Stu

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Clearly, it was too early for food for Ms. Latte. She is not a morning girl. Perhaps a bit more food as the morning progresses?

5. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75

We are having a tough a.m.

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75, +4-66

((((Carolyn and Latte)))

Wishing you a better afternoon.

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75, +4-66

(((((Carolyn & Latte)))))) Hope her tummy feels better and the day gets better. Hugs!!

8. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75, +4-66, +4.5-66

+.75- vomit what she had started eating

+1.25-240 somethin', gave ondansetron (tummy stuff), pepcid (tummy stuff)
    *refusing all food - wet,dry, baby food*

+2.5-150 fluids, still refusing food, gave cerenia (strongest tummy stuff available)

+3- heard munching on kibble, drinking lots of water

+3.5-75, accepted approx 1/4 jar bf, drinking lots of water

+4-66, few tsp babyfood with drop of karo

+4.5-66 Unsure if I should try more baby food/karo...not sitting in a spot where she will likely eat it from the spoon. Not interested in wet food.

Lost many strips, as her ears are not bleeding well this a.m. Not to mention the number of pokes...here ears are sore. :(

Why is she not rising from the karo?!?!?! confused_cat It was a bigger drop than I would normally do. I dont want her sitting down this low if she is not eating and/or tummy is still possibly a tad unsettled.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I suspect you are balancing between the insulin and food -- insulin and fluids bringing numbers down and food/karo bringing numbers up. As long as Latte will give an occasional much and keep her numbers stable, you're good.

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Sienne - please correct me if I am wrong....

Carolyn - Perhaps Latte's numbers were still leaning towards going down so the one drop of Karo was not enough to bring her up? This is just a thought. Hope she comes up into the 70-80's where you would feel more comfortable.

11. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75, +4-66, +4.5-66, +5.5~93

+5 ~65, more bf w/small drop karo
    +5.5~93

As if last nights bounce was not horrific. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and told her it would probably be worse tonight, and I was sorry.
    I just feel awful for her. These are HUGE swings the last few days especially.

I'm sure that jump is more likely her bounce beginning, than the karo. Karo did jack for her today.

I have to be gone from her +7 until close to pm shot. I will probly give appy stim when I get home and hide the kibble.

12. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Re: 3/14 Latte AMPS-353, +3.5~75, +4-66, +5.5~93, +6.5~136

I'm sorry you guys had such a rough day! I imagined her outside on her deck in this glorious sunny, warm day like Jack & LyLy were. :(

Here's hoping her bounce isn't too bad and her tummy is feeling better ASAP. cat_pet_icon

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sorry you had a bad day--Hope Latte feels a lot better tonite!!

14. carolynandlatte

Latte had a very hard day. I had a hard time watching her not feel well. The idiot I am this evening decided after finding a few mats/clumps pull out around her back legs that maybe I could gently work them out. She did not enjoy it, but tolerated it. When she was done, I stopped. But when I stopped she got up to walk around and had a limp for a while. It seems to have cleared up and she is back to her usual gait. I felt horrible and cried. Could I have not chosen a time when she was maybe feeling better?!?! ohmygod_smile I didnt know it might cause a problem or so much discomfort to the point of making her limp. :sad:

The appetite stim took a while to show effect. She is bordering on dangerous with the small amount of food she has had in the last 36hrs, plus the vomiting. I was becoming very concerned, so when she chose her kibble over the wet i had to let her eat it. There was no question as to whether or not I should leave it out vs hiding it.

It's days like this which remind me of how her days are truly numbered. the anticipatory grief can get quite overwhelming. Im glad I had to go work for a few hours. It was a beautiful day,and just getting out helped a bit.

Recap:
    AMPS: 353
    vomited first part of bfast @ +.75
    +1.25- 240ish, refusing food
    +2.5- 150, refusing food
    +3.5- 75, heard a little bit of kibble being eaten @+3, accepted a little babyfood after test
    +4- 66 babyfood w/drop of karo
    +4.5- 66 babyfood
    +5- 65 babyfood with drop of karo (total amount of babyfood approx 3/4 jar, total karo -2 drops)
    +5.5- 93 refusing any more food
    +6.5- 136 refusing food...gone until pmps
    PMPS- 211 gave appy stim, refusing food until +2...only taking kibble

**after the drop to 150, I truly did not think it would be possible for her to drop much further, let alone ANOTHER 50%! :shock: Between that, and how she reacted earlier this week to the drop into the 50's, Im developing a great deal of anxiety of what could happen if/when Im not home. If the karo did not help raise her today, but rather kept her from dropping more...what would have happened if I was out?**

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had such a hard day.
    I hope tomorrow is way better.
    (((Carolyn and Latte)))
    Please give Latte some extra lovins from me and J.D.

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn & Latte)))

I hopr thingd got better tonight for the 2 of you.
    What a heart breaking day for you both,
    I certainly can feel your pain & anguish over here and I hope tomorrow is better for
    you both tomorrow.
    Hugs and feel better vines

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Latte))))) (((((Carolyn))))) Tomorrow will be a better day. Healing vines are being sent by Stu and me.

Ella

18. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Carolyn,

brain fuzz here..... not sure if I asked this before. but when latte is not eating have you tried pain med
    (ie. buprenorphine) ?

Winnie ( and now my civie Wolfie who has cp too) would not eat if pain. And as you know sometimes so hard to tell. Today with Wolfie for example. he is in the middle of a mirtz cycle. not eating. dosed him his ondansetron, and some pepcid. nada. gave the bup. w/i 15 min was eating. Pain can cause nausea in cp kitties.
    and well ,pain alone can make them not want to eat too. With cp , as you know, eating causes p-zymes to be released and that can cause pain..... sometimes even the smell of food can cause release of zymes. so control that pain and they eat.
    You know he sometimes is walking around and asking for food and not eating whatever is offered. and still is in pain. Usually he presents ruffley. and is in bed and not up and playing at all during the day.
    but sometimes it is just enough pain to make him feel like not eating, but not enough to make him get ruffles and /or lay low. so I have to go by his dx, what he has been already dosed with, what foods he has been offered..... how he acts around his food dish. stuff like that. ( plus what his "export" looks like is also a tip off here)

Hope she feels better tomorrow.
    take care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.