3/1 Darcy AMPS 399, +2 395, +5 359, +6 419, +8 352 PMPS 370, +3.5 395

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

This morning, I was able to get 8.5 units out of the final Lantus pen, so I gave that and 5 units R at AMPS. Then I gave another 5 units R at +6. I was able to get his Lantus refilled this morning, so he's getting ready to get his evening full dose with more R I am sure. If I had not run out of Lantus, he was due for an increase to 25 units (or even a little more).

Oh, I got lucky and they only charged me $99 for the Lantus. I was pleasantly surprised, since on the phone they had quoted me $294 for a 10 mL vial. So, I'm feeling lucky.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...y-pre-shot-405-1-25-384-5-321-6-5-368.243861/

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, and I'm really excited that Darcy's ketones are down to .4 :woot:

3. Suzanne & Darcy

I increased to 25 units and did not give R because of the increase this evening.

4. RachelG

RachelG Member

Come back down to the Lemon Tree, Mr. Darcy!

Hope you are having a great day, Suzanne. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Thank you. I've been thinking about Fortune.

RachelG likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad your getting back on track. Any news on the Caber coming?

7. Suzanne & Darcy

I called today. I think they’re tired of me calling!

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome price on the vial of Lantus! Every once in a while people seem to get deals.

Nice to see the R kept the lid on both the numbers, and the ketones. I'd hold this Lantus dose at least six cycles, got some depot rebuilding to do.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Yep, I'll hold the 25 u for six cycles to try to normalize things and see where we are... but will add in R again tomorrow morning. THANKS!

10. Olive & Paula

I guess it depends on where it's coming from I know pharmacist told me it takes 3 days to make Ollie's. Then 3-5 days to ship. 2.5 weeks after receiving it I learned to call in for refill. It was sent directly to me not to vet. Then I alternated 1 day with existing batch and next day with new batch, it was a 7 day overlap until existing ran out.

When you get it look at label. Call the pharmacy it comes from, ask if they can send refills direct to you. See if they have a website you can order through and if they have automatic refill option. Wedgwood did and if you use that option you were not charged for shipping. But I always got emails to call them regarding order and after 2 of them learned it was an automatic system generated email that sent and to ignore it.

Hang in there you will get it. Once you do then tweak on how you get it. I had 3 issues during the time Ollie got it. First time was because I didn't order refill soon enough. 2nd time was when I had to take Ollie with me to motel for a week and would not be home to get it (pharmacy sent out overnight delivery to me), 3rd time when it got lost in mail over holiday weekend. I made enough of a fuss and post master "found" it and driven it out to me on Sunday. This was 10 days after it should have arrived and only had 1 dose left for 3 days and I had already been giving 1/2 doses to make it last. I never told them it was for a cat. Only said it was medicine for brain tumor that can not be stopped abruptly. Where do I send the hospital bill to when we have to go to ER.

Yeah I left a few facts out and embellished a wee bit.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, Paula for all the tips and tricks! You're so helpful. No call from vet today. I decided to give them one more day without me pestering them... I am going to pester them again tomorrow. Yes, I will see how to order from them directly in the future. Too funny about the brain tumor thing! Technically that was correct. ;) Can't believe postmaster drove it to your house either!

12. Olive & Paula

It can take 10 days from date of order to get to vet. Would not pester to much unless you hit those 10 days. Next time you call ask them what pharmacy they are getting it from. Then call pharmacy to find out if it was sent yet.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay! Thank you!:)