25/01 - Djoko amps 220; +2.5 131

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Big drop I see. It’s time to start getting a +2 and if a big drop then a +1. Looking good.

3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I will have to decrease. It was difficult to get him out of the 2.3. despite feeding him a lot and giving him lots of maple syrup so I will get back to 1.50. It was more a 1.75 than a 1.50f.
    I cannot be as precise on the word ss. People can mark 1.5h but I can't.

4. tiffmaxee

I’d get digital calipers if I were you.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

6. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I will look into that. It creates tensions - especially at 6am in the morning when we disagree on the dose. I do remember saying this morning that it was too much (routine is my bf puts insulin in the syringe because he seems better to not create bubbles and I then review the dose).

Thanks for the tip! I hope he will keep doing well on a smaller dose. Reductions have not been successful.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Just a reminder - you want to determine the dose based on the nadir - the lowest number reached during the cycle, not on the pre-shot number unless it's below the recommended number advised for you to stall/test - routine. Sometimes the pre-shot number is too low to go further - but the dose should be determined before that time.

Djoko has earned a reduction tonight - please update your SS.

8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Not sure about the message re: nadir. I am fully aware of this principle.
    Also aware re: reduction.

9. tiffmaxee

Maybe there’s confusion because you forgot to add the PMPS to your ss some of the time? This was the third under 50 so I’m glad you took the reduction.

10. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I put it in advance. As I said, the 1.5f was our version of 1.75 (there was a tiny space between the 1.5 line and plunger)(Yeah I know it is confusing but as long as we are consistent with our dose) and now there is not. There is a reduction of 0.25.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  11. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

And I have never adjusted his dose based on his PS. He is able to go down from 30(X 18) to 4 (X 18) in 4 hours.

12. tiffmaxee

Everybody’s doses are a bit different. It doesn’t matter what you call it. You know what you are doing. I hope the reduction sticks. :)

13. tiffmaxee

He is a bouncy boy but I think it’s improving. Anti-jinx.

14. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Yes. We did reduce and I believe we had to. Maybe he was breaking a bounce this morning or so. But I gave him lots of syrup and twice his amount of horse and he would not increase during 1h30 hour. For me, it is a sign that we needed to decrease - in addition to the "rule" 3 times under 50. He was also close to the 40 mark. He was doing well and I hope he will adjust to the new dose. It is nice to stay away from the red and black (less likely will human meter but still).
    Thank you both for caring for Djoko. He is likely bouncing.