24/01 - Gremlin - AMPS 130, +4 108, PMPS 221, +3 205

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Jan 23, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Wow! That is random! Wonder what he'll do today... It's nice to see blue though!
    Happy and purry so far.

Vines to all that need them.

Butters & Lyla and carfurby (GA) like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope Grem surfs safely today.

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Ooooh nice pre-shot:cool:. Hoping for more blues and greens for Gremlin today!

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice start Gremlin! Have a good day/night..Laura!

5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thanks all! He's looking good so far!
    It is supposed to reach 40°C/104°F here today so he may jump up yet. Here's hoping for a steady day today and tomorrow.

6. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

I had every intention of retesting Grem again mid cycle but unusually for him, he slept for many hours this afternoon. He usually gets me every couple of hours for food. Now I have no idea if the PMPS is a bounce, or due to the heat.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Laura, is there a reason you are holding the dose this long? Although, without tests in the PM cycle, it is difficult to ascertain how low he is going. Possible to get one before bed test every night?

8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

He's been so stable for so many years that I've lost the rules of TRP. Also, he's so old and frail now that I worry when he drops super low which is usually when I have work and can't monitor him. I feel safer keeping him above those lows. I've actually been considering switching to SLGS, though I kind of do my own thing anyway. I just want him to live comfortably, the goal is not remission. Also, his BGL has always typically been higher when it's hot. Day after tomorrow will be cool again and he could drop low. If he doesn't drop in a few days, I will have to raise his dose though as the green has disappeared from his spreadsheet. I will do it Thursday when I will be home.

At night he rarely drops in the first three hours and most of the time I'm in bed two or three hours after PMPS as I have chronic fatigue syndrome. When I'm up later or he's low at PMPS, I will generally test him.

9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. :)

10. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thank you for making me take a look at the bigger picture so I could see he most likely does need an increase! Once it's cooler and I'm home, of course.

Bandit's Mom likes this.