21/06 Bailie amps 471

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nancyco*, Jun 21, 2024 at 2:40 AM.

1. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

@Bandit's Mom Hi Bhooma as you can see I’ve started the vets protocol.look at how high he is I’m gutted . All because no shot last night . I’m not doing this for too long that’s for sure I just have to do it to say I did . I hope when I’m done trying her way Bailie can get back to the track he was on ,which was great . My vet said he had to many swings well what does she call this ? Thanks for listening. Also Bailie had a fantastic day yesterday . Anybody else that had a difficult vet out there ?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 2:55 AM
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to go down to 3.75U and shoot it consistently twice a day. There are vets/groups who recommend a sliding scale based on preshots, but we prefer to follow the TR dosing protocol where dosing is consistent and based on nadirs and not preshots.

What vets don't understand when they dose based on preshots is that a cat can begin a cycle in the 300s and 400s but drop to the 50s and vice versa!

I do understand that you feel compelled to listen to your vet. And you are not alone - we have seen many members struggling to explain to their vets greens are not bad and that they do know what they are doing when they follow TR. We suggest the "smile and nod" tactic - which is to agree with whatever the vet says and come home and do what sounds right.

Anyway, at some point in the future, I can always copy your existing SS to a new one that the vet won't have access to - if you wish :)

Nancyco* likes this.
  3. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

I would love to do that, but then she would wonder where the spreadsheet has gone and then she will know that I’m not following her advice. Why do u want him to go down to 3.75 ? And will that still be Tight regulation? Because I’m definitely getting better results on tight regulation . Looking at his spreadsheet , what’s your opinion on how he is doing in the last couple of months ? I thing he was doing great I don’t understand why she said to be she doesn’t like the spikes and that they are hard on his body .

4. Bandit's Mom

He hasn't earned a reduction to 3.75U but he would have without the Farmina and gravy you've fed on several days, so it's worth a try.

I think he's definitely been doing much better in the last 2 weeks. The spikes cannot be avoided. Vets don't understand the concept of bouncing. It is a natural phenomenon in cats till they get regulated and their bodies get used to lower numbers. Vets aren't used to people who test as much as some of us do, which is why they get very uncomfortable in numbers below 150-200. Understandably - better the cat stay a little high than it have a hypoglycemic episode.

Nancyco* likes this.
  5. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

So your thinking is if we go lower in dosing we can avoid the very low numbers so I don’t have to over feed to get him out of potential hypo right ?

6. Bandit's Mom

Yes. You could try that starting tonight and see if his numbers will meet your vet's approval. Or you could try your vet's method for a few days first.

Nancyco* likes this.
  7. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Yeah, she’s adamant that I do what she says so I’m going to just do this for a few days and then I’m going to go back to what you recommend

Bandit's Mom likes this.