2/27 Pearl AMPS 103....PMPS 98, +1.5 87, +3.5 73

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Feb 27, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Maybe less overlap? IDK though :p She's still looking beautiful. Is she eating today? Hope she's feeling okay and hope you have a good day :bighug:

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Good morning Margaret!

It looks to me like Pearl is settling in nicely to this dose. Like you, I see her nadirs getting a little later after the decrease. It makes me think she was signaling a decrease at 3u, when she was heading lower so early after AMPS. Of course I could be reading too much into it!
    I love seeing patterns though, and it would be interesting if/ when the nadirs start getting earlier again, if that meant another impending decrease! One day, or cycle, at a time, haha:)

ETA, I was trying to see obvious food percentage, and corresponding BGs, but it's a little tricky to decipher (for me, except when all she would eat was the 13%). A bit harder with the Pred involved.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks, Susanne. She ate soooome. Not a ton. But maybe this is just her new normal now? I wasn't expecting a "reset" in terms of patterns (NADIRs, food, etc) with a reduction but I think that's what we've got and that's ok. Gonna just take me a bit to get enough data to figure out teh patterns! Happy Caturday!

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Good evening Jan, and I love your line of thinking. I'll have to see if that happens again with the low/early on NADIRs. Usually Pearl does 0% carb food. If she is going a little low or won't eat the 0%, that is when I add in the 3%, maybe only 0.5 to 1 tsp (max). It usually works to get her interested in food if that was the problem, or stop a drop/keep her steady if that was the issue. Now that we have new patterns etc at the lower dose, maybe she will handle her carbs better, I don't know yet. That 13% streak was amazing and CRAZY since that percentage is usually enough to skyrocket her to the moon. Maybe she will handle more carbs better as she goes lower on the insulin - who knows?! Cats are crazy.
    Happy Caturday!

6. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice amps and PMPS enjoy your evening Margaret!

7. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Wow, Pearl is looking so great! Hope you had a wonderful Caturday as well, Margaret. :bighug: