1st home BG test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NicoleC46237, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

I skipped giving Lou his insulin this morning because he was extra frisky and fighting me which made me feel like since i couldn't test his BG that there might be a reason why i shouldn't give it. From everything I've read from you awesome people it's better for him to have a high sugar day than a low minute so hopefully i did right.

I got the new meter today and did his first test before his dinner. It was rocky but i finally got enough blood to get a reading - 346 before food. I'm going to start his SS hopefully tonight if my work isn't too busy. If not tomorrow evening. I'll give him his full 1 unit 30 minutes after dinner. He enjoyed his after testing snack. I got FF Salmon flakes and FF Tuna flakes since the only ingredient is the fish. He seemed impressed lol

Mom's going to get this, right?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you want some help, feel free to send me a PM by clicking on my name and choosing "Start a conversation". It takes me about 60 seconds to set one up for you once I have some information!

NicoleC46237 likes this.
  3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

You WILL get it. It DOES happen. lol You have found the perfect place WELCOME TO FDMB!

NicoleC46237 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.