15/04 *Gremlin* AMPS 110, +3 (post vet) 113, +6 121, PMPS 220, +4 151 - VET UPDATE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Apr 14, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 13/04
    Yesterday I got ALL the cuddles! I will definitely have to upload some photos as Grem was adorable! I've been pretty wrecked from our day trip so I didn't move much yesterday, my cats all thought it was fantastic.

This morning I'm taking Grem to the vet for all his tests. I need to remember to mention all the things so I might write a list. I love that this clinic has half an hour appointments as standard. Any less is just not long enough unless you know exactly what's happening.
    I'm having some issues with the old clinic (my civvies are still technically with them) and I'm really tempted to swap everyone over. I wanted to still support them but I think I've changed my mind. When it took them a month and TWO follow up phone calls from me to get back to me about an email I sent and then the answer was specifically what I said I don't want to happen... Not happy.

Vines and prayers to all that need them.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the cuddles. I hope you're feeling better. I hope Grem's vetty visit goes well. Sending prayers.

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Kirrily was super happy with how Grem presented! He's gained a little bit more weight, his coat is beautiful and he was happy and content (mostly). She took bloods so I'll have results later today or tomorrow, no urine as yet - waiting to see blood results. Teeth are horrible but not a major concern as far as life and death goes. His gingivitis is no worse but there is a LOT of calculus build up which could be what is causing Grem to grind his teeth when he chews. Kirrily did say they would do a dental if I wished it but he's super high risk. I'd already been told no for any more surgery for Grem and that was before the heart murmur! So no. The risk is too high and how much it would extend his life if he survived it is likely minimal. The blood he has had in his empty belly vomits could be from the gingivitis, though it could also be from an ulcer or mass anywhere from his respiratory system to stomach. Again, he'd have to have anaesthesia to check. Kirrily will assess the blood results for likeliness of this too. All I can really do is monitor him. Any one of his conditions or suspected conditions is likely to eventually cause him to lose his appetite (among other things), once that happens, we say goodbye. Until then, I keep him as happy and comfortable as possible. Right now, that's no problem fortunately. Yay! Overall, an excellent check up! Now to wait for blood results.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Glad to hear this report! I just want to hug that handsome Gremlin! This is really a testament, Laura, to your excellent care of him. Get more rest, Laura, keep making the cats happy :joyful:

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed the blood results are good!
    What medications is he on?

6. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

He's on Lantus, Amlodipine, Meloxicam, Cartrophen, Denosyl... I think that's all of them.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ts possible the bloody vomits are from the meloxicam. That can irritate the stomach. Are you only giving it with food?

8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Always with his breakfast. He's been on it for a couple of years now with no issues. And the blood has only been when he's had an empty belly vomit when his BGL has been low. I saw it once and suspect two other times. His belly/bowl is not at all irritated that I can tell. The vet didn't think the Meloxicam was the cause, more likely the gingivitis.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Sheba was on metacam and she had a couple of foamy blood stained vomits.

10. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Oh, okay. Hopefully it's a temporary reaction to the Meloxicam!

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member