14 Aug 2022 - Whiskey AMPS=209 +3=205 +6=191 PMPS=142 +2=160

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by stannarp, Aug 14, 2022.

1. stannarp

stannarp Member

Hi all,

Previous thread here:

13 Aug 2022

0.25u

Not sure what is going on with her today.

She vomited about 45 mins after her +3 meal. She's on another course antibiotics (vet wanted them as a precaution) and I remember the same thing happened on the same (3rd) day of the last course.

Gave her cerenia twice (2 hours apart), still not interested in food, not even in a piece of kibble which she usually goes for like a maniac if she can get it. Her numbers are quite high too.

Regards,

Patricia

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

What are the antibiotics for? Which one is it? They can cause appetite loss and vomiting.

stannarp likes this.
  3. stannarp

stannarp Member

It's the same one as after the dental, zeniquin. Vet wants to be absolutely sure about no infection, so he gave us another course on Wed. This is day 4 of the 2nd course, and I remember she got like the on day 4 of the first one.

Edit, I'm in 2 minds about giving her the remaining 2 tablets as I'm not sure she really needs them.

After checking +6 BG I left her alone for a couple of hours and she eventually came looking for food.

Now she wants to smack George again, so she's obviously feeling better.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's a 7 day course? She possibly doesn't need it but I wonder if you need to worry about antibiotic resistance if you don't complete the course?
    @tiffmaxee

Yay! That's good news. Phew.

stannarp likes this.
  5. stannarp

stannarp Member

And then she managed to sneak a bite of George's raw and it came up, but she's looking feisty at least, so I'm hoping it was just the raw (she's not getting it at the moment) that she's not used to on an iffy stomach.

I'll hear what others say about not completing the course and decide before I give her the next one tm (only 2 left).