? 12/7 Coral 69 AMBG 75 PM BG OTJ 11 Weeks

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by MaineLove, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

These numbers are a little higher than we have experienced in the past weeks. For the first time ever, Coral was not interested in one of her 4 feedings today. Under the weather? A little cabin fever since we have had stormy weather these past few days? Would like her to go back to the 50's and 60's. Is this trend normal? Still very pleased with her health, appetite, weight, 4 P's etc. My thoughts are with those that need healing and support, Kathe and Coral

2. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kathe,

My Jersey went OTJ in April 2014. Since then, we've had numbers ranging from 34 up to 84, although she generally runs in the 50s to 60s. The higher numbers (80s) always make me nervous, but they are still well within normal range (and within meter variance, too).

Hope Coral's full appetite is back now!
    Shelly

3. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Shelly - Thank you for your response. Coral's appy has returned. I tested her today mid-morning today and her BG was 56. That is more in the range she has exhibited in the past. Who knows what may be going on? We have had "cabin fever" weather here in Bandon as we get the storm systems. It is a little unusual to get 10 days of storms but that has been our pattern. The girls are used to going out in the garden and taking walks which we have not been able to do for quite some time now.
    Glad to meet you. I have a question. While being very happy that Coral has become diet-controlled I miss the more regular communication that comes with posting everyday. Do you miss that support as well? I have made a point of posting once a week, even weeks in the lantus group and and odd weeks in the OTJ honeymooners group. Maybe using the @ sign for those that have supported me in the past will help when I post. I try to go into the regular posts of those that have supported me when I post once a week. Do you have a pattern of keeping in touch that you follow? Best to you and Jersey, ( Very cute, love the markings and eyes!) Kathe, Coral and Joy

4. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Coral's appy returned, and it looks like she's doing great number-wise.

I do miss the regular communication. Right after Jersey went OTJ, I posted quite often. I tried to check in with the "regulars," as well as help out new members with the basics (food, testing tips, etc.). Unfortunately, I've been largely absent from the boards this year. I picked up extra classes this year (I'm a teacher) and haven't had much free time to do anything else. I "lurk" regularly to keep up with what's going on, but I haven't been posting. The @ sign always worked well for me when I used it.

Thanks for your kind words about Jersey. She is quite the little schemer. She's been plotting my demise for years, so all we see is evilness when we look in those eyes. :D

Hope the storms are clearing out for you; they're headed our way tonight!
    Shelly

5. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.