12/15 Chnoudi PMPS 107 +1 137 +2 107 +3 96 +4 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Gill & George likes this.
  2. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

20m later--> 107. D

3. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I shot her dose 1.75u

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s still a blue PMPS but close to green. I’m glad you did shoot. Get a +1 and +2. If the +1 drops I would feed a little mc. If flat I would see what to do with the +2.

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  5. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I just tested +1, which was 137 and gave her some lc, as usual .

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good job. The 2.0 depot will be in play for possibly 4-5 cycles. You just got a food bump. Now see what tge onset at +2 tells you.

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sorry just saw the tag, we were having dinner, good job shooting107 is almost green!

A little food bump there, but not as much as I've seen her have, let's see where she heads with onset.

I agree with @tiffmaxee get that +2..
    I have an early start tomorrow so I'll only be around for about one hour.

8. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

+2: 107 again

9. Gill & George

Just saw your +2.
    It's the same as PMPS, that usually suggests the cycle will be active, but probably not crazy.
    Unlike last night where +2 was much lower than pmps, that was chnoudi signaling a much more active cycle (that she was going to drop more).

Feed her as normal and grab a +3 or +4. (Last night I would have gone for a +3/ but tonight, I don't think it will matter)

10. Gill & George

How are you feeling Melita? Are you exhausted?

What's your usual bedtime? (How many hours from pmps?)

11. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Yes, the truth is that I am exhausted... :( The last 4 or 5 days I am sleeping 3-4 hours at night...
    Usually I go to sleep about 3 hours after PMPS. (12- 1am)

12. Gill & George

If you put chnoudi in a room without the other cat and left food for her, would she eat it all in one go?

Grab a +3, let's see what she's up to,
    Then feed as normal (as long as she has not dropped below 50).
    Then at +4 you can test again and see if she's flattened out.

I'm thinking that perhaps, as long as she's not dropped too low that at +4 you could feed her and head to bed for the night. You can always feed her a decent amount, that she could snack on through the night or if she won't do that you could add a bit of honey to increase the carbs, to keep her safe and let you get some sleep.
    How would you feel about that? Do you think you'd be able to rest?

13. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

No, she leaves the food for later, if she is not too hungry. With kibbles, she was used to free feeding.
    done. +3:96.
    Yes, I am a little bit afraid, but i think it's the best moment to do this and regain some strength.
    Τhis method with the room works, we have done it many times in the past to be sure that she will not eat the other cat's food.

14. Gill & George

So she's nice and flat at +3.
    Feed normal snack.
    Test at +4 (I think I will be asleep by then)
    Chnoudi sometimes drops a later in the cycle, but she usually shows her hand by +3.
    She will be lower by +4 but not by too much.(I hope)
    As long as she's not in the 50s or low 60s I think you could leave her in a room with some food, perhaps give her a teaspoon or two with a drop of honey (to be a bit cautious) let her eat that then leave her a little normal food to snack on. By giving her some extra carbs you might find, if you over do it, that she's a bit high in the morning, but the effect will not be long lasting. It's just about keeping her safe and letting you get some rest.
    You do need to pick up her bowl by +10, to make sure she doesn't have a pre breakfast snack, you need to be sure the amps is not good influenced, particularly if for some reason you get a low amps. (another thing the autofeeder is good for, it can hide the food so she cannot eat it)

15. Gill & George

Post the +4.
    I'll try to stay up it's only 30min more from now

16. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Ιt's in 5m from now, I posted the +3 a while later

17. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

18. Gill & George

I see she's 67,
    (I wish she had been a bit higher)
    If you want to get some sleep, feed a couple of teaspoons with some honey, let her eat that and then put her in a room with some regular low carb.

Do you think you could sleep for 3hours and check at +7? If she's in good numbers by then you could pick the food up and sleep till amps

19. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I decided not to sleep until she nadirs and starts to be high and in safe numbers again...I'll try to sleep in between hours if her numbers are ok. I took vitamins and I'll go through it. If I am nervous I can't sleep :oops:

20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you fall asleep and wake up and hour later with the alarm?
    When Sheba was dropping lower at night, which she often did, I used to always go to sleep and set the alarm, often for only an hour later.
    I found if I stayed up all the time I just could not function during the day. Although I got broken sleeps with setting the alarm, I did at least get some sleep.

21. Gill & George

Ok I was the same.

Do you remember worrying about Chnoudinot having low cycles at night?

I was like Bron, I let George sleep in the bed ( who h he loved) so I didn't have to get up made sleeping easier)

See you tomorrow
    Chnoudi behave!

22. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Yes!! I usually do the same (except the times when I have to test every 20m) I set alarm clocks every hour, it's better than no sleeping indeed! She sleeps in bed with me and I test her there while she's sleeping.

hahaha! goodnight!! thank youu:bighug: