12/04 *Gremlin* -3 166, AMPS 162, +3 113, +6 72, PMPS 108, +3 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Apr 12, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo
    We had cuddles this morning and then Grem's slept the rest of the day. It's gotten cold so they're all pretty sleepy.

The Sure Feeder is not a sure thing. Grem just can't manage the bowl. I'm going to leave the auto feeder near where he sleeps and have it set to go off five times during the day with a little bit of food in each and hope that he gets some of it. Just setting it up tonight had Buster on the bench MULTIPLE TIMES and there wasn't even anything in it!! :facepalm: I may need to give Grem a reduced dose in the morning, just to be sure he'll be safe all day.

Vines and prayers to all that need them.

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you got your cuddles, Laura. It must really be hard to keep the foods separated from the other kitty. I have had multiple cats in my household for as long as I can remember - but not now. When I lost my 18 year-old, last year, I just never pursued another rescue or shelter cat and I guess I'm glad about that now.

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Usually I just watch them or have someone else feed them for me but I won't be here tomorrow and I have no one to help out. It wasn't such an issue when Grem's BGL was more stable but these days, he needs the food and monitoring.

I had to stop using the auto feeder overnight as Buster was getting really fat. Luna never bothered with it fortunately. It's a pain having multiple cats when one has so many dietary needs and another is a greedy guts! I wish Grem had been able to use the Sure Feeder.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about the failed feeder. Good luck with all the kitties.

5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Why didn't the Sure Feeder work out? It's been a real godsend in my house but I know my cats really hate sticking their heads underneath the handle to get to their food and are always happier when I take their bowls out and let them eat outside the feeder while supervised. When they're hungry they manage to get at the wet food stuck on the edges of the bowl but I see them struggle with it and so I imagine it's a challenge for Gremlin. Hope you figure it out, Laura. :bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the cuddles. I hope Grem surfs safely while you're out. Sorry the feeder didn't work out.

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay for cuddles:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Surf safely, Gremlin

8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Grem can't use the bowls properly. Even when not in the feeder he struggles. He was eating a tiny amount and then just walking away. His current bowl is a lifted and tilted bowl and the bottom is smaller so less room for food to get pushed away from him. With one front leg and a bunch of mouth issues, the Sure Feeder bowls are just too hard. It's one day, I'm sure he'll be fine. I'll be teaching Luna how to use it so that she can graze without worrying about greedy guts, Buster.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.