11/12/20 - AMPS 343 +6.5=298 PMPS 285

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s too high a dose. The only reason I felt a reduced dose last night was ok was because you said she wasn’t eating.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Love the jokes! Hope you have a great day!!! (Not sure about the dose)

4. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh! I see! Got it. Well he's been on 2.75 for 6 days anyway. Then do you think an increase? I'm not knowledgeable enough to make these calls yet. And I'm really baffled by the huge swings from 600+ to 80s.

Thanks so much and have a marvelous day!

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh yes and I took him off the Methyl B12 for a few days, will start again at a lower dose. I think that might be why he wasn't eating.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is the budesonide doing as good a job at helping his GI system as the pred was? I see he is still vomiting and soft stools.

We hold doses with green nadirs for 10 cycles, so you have been on this dose long enough. Just try to make sure to get those second tests each night, even if PMPS is really high. I have seen cats earn reductions starting the cycles in black.

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks so much Wendy. Yes the budesonide is doing great. We only had the vomit and soft stools a few times and mostly this week after starting the methyl B12/Folic acid. I took him off those two and will start at a lower dose later. He had a good poop this morning.

Wow reductions from cycles in black. Never would have guessed. Okay I'll go for nadirs every night with high BGs.

So I am increasing to 3 units starting tonight? Just want to be sure I'm changing the dose in the right direction.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It doesn't have to be nadirs, but you can get a before bed test and if it's down a lot, then set an alarm for nadir.

And yes on the increase.