10/26 Milo AMPS 126

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-25-milo-amps-92.237412/#post-2665382

Good morning! Milo continues to do well except I had to give some mirtazapine yesterday as he wasn't eating much. Appetite picked up after that; when I returned home he had mostly cleaned up the various bowls I had left out and he wanted the raw diet last night (duck) for dinner. He seemed to want it this morning but he ended up only eating a bit. Now I setting the various opened cans in front of him and see what he wants to eat! My vet says he can have the mirtazapine every second day so I'm not hesitating to give it if it seems he needs it.

I've had to adjust his dose back 3 whole hours for an extra early morning today from the shot being late a couple days ago. I adjusted back to .75u to counteract (hopefully)the effects of shots being closer together than they should be. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this affects him. I hate messing with his schedule when he's been doing so well. I hope we will get back on track soon.

Have a great day everyone!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Milo. I hope he surfs safely today. Glad he is eating for you.

3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Do you think it was acceptable to adjust his dose the way I did? I know he didn't earn a reduction but I know that decreasing time between shots can act as an increase. I thought it might counteract the effects of an early dose. I was too worried that he might drop low.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know that it would work that way because the depot usually affects the current cycle even if you reduce the dose.

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I get it. It just felt scary to give a full dose but I didn't want to do a BCS either. His schedule is uncharacteristically all messed up and I couldn't adjust just with 15 min increments fast enough.
    Oh well, he's currently holding his own so I think we're good for now. We'll see in coming days how this plays out. Have a good night.

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll get back on track with a good schedule soon. Things happen, right! But it will get figured out. As long as Sam is safe, that's most important. It sure doesn't look like his numbers have suffered any.
    It could be an on-again / off-again thing with his meds. I know he had a pancreatitis attack like Butters did, and that's what I was told about her meds. So I wouldn't hesitate to give him what he needs to keep him comfortable and eating.:bighug:

Have a good night!

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I'm glad Butters is continuing her road to recovery. She sure is lucky to have you! Milo seems to be holding his own after the pancreatitis. My vet wants him to get fluids but it totally traumatizes him and me. Even the wonderful vet tech can't get it all into him and I don't see how this is necessary or beneficial if he seems to be back to normal. Have a good day!!