10/25 Oberon PMPS 262/0.7, +2 326, +5 413

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Butters & Lyla, thebigfuzz and Tomlin like this.
  2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Beautiful evening!! Best for more success today:bighug:

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Already back into the pinks at +2, so that's good. I may consider some midcycle R again if it looks like it would help.

Since starting on R, he's been having these nice long dips about every 4 days. During each one he's spending about 12 hours (give or take) below renal threshold (~250-280). So overall, maybe about ⅛ of his time right now is below renal threshold. Definitely better than before, but lots of room for improvement.

Tomlin likes this.
  4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa - so interesting to see Oberon's progress with R helping! And that was a nice long stretch in those greens and low blues (well, let's just squint and call them high greens :D). Have a wonderful day :bighug:

Lisa & Oberon and Tomlin like this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers last night. I hope the R helps bring him back down today.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm curious to see how he does on the 1.5u of R. Using R also gives you a sneak peak at a higher dose of insulin, and hopefully that means an L dose soon that brings those blues by itself.

How is Oberon feeling these days? Does he like those blues?

7. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Hi there :cool:

Oberon spent some time in the healing numbers (under 120) yesterday. Very nice.

How are his teeth and gums?

8. Lisa & Oberon

At +4 he was down 116 points. Hard to say for sure how much of that was the R pulling him out of the bounce and how much was his normal quick recovery from the really high numbers, but I suspect the R helped a lot. Still decreasing at +6 (270), so I'm not going to give midcycle R.

Is there any sort of predictive relationship between the R dose and the L increase that yields the same result? (e.g. 1 U of R is comparable to a 2 U Lantus increase) Guessing that as usual the answer is ECID. :) But at least it's nice to know that we're getting closer to an effective L dose.

I'm not noticing a huge change in behavior. He mostly doesn't seem to be bothered by the really high numbers. He's chasing his sibs a bit more lately, though, so that's something. What I have been noticing over the past few weeks, regardless of BG numbers, is some slight weakness in his back legs, and maybe deeper (but not faster) breathing than usual. That last bit could be my imagination, though. I should look at my other cats for comparison. I got some Zobaline for the neuropathy but haven't started giving it to him yet.

Hi! Nice to meet another IAA mom!

Every time I take him to a vet I ask about his teeth and they say they look "fine for his age" or things along those lines. So I don't think he's got anything dramatic happening there, but I do wonder if there's some low level inflammation that they think of as not worth bothering with just yet. I'll keep asking about it. Getting dental work done makes me nervous but if it might help reduce inflammation I'm all for it. He just finished a course of antibiotics for possible triaditis, too.

9. Lisa & Oberon

I just realized that this is cycle 6 at 8.5 U, but given yesterday's greens we should hold the dose for another few cycles, right?

10. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I’d hold if you see similar numbers like yesterday as you get some more checks in before the next insulin is due :).

11. Lisa & Oberon

Holding steady so far; 262 at PMPS. (Ketones are nice and low, too.) So no R tonight. I think I'll hold off on the Lantus increase for a cycle or two until I see where he's heading with all this.

Tomlin and Sandy and Black Kitty like this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good plan. He only saw green with the help of R, but another day will give a clearer picture.

13. Lisa & Oberon

And this afternoon's numbers could also be influenced by this morning's higher R dose, if the antibodies are stretching out the R cycle a bit.

Sandy and Black Kitty likes this.
  14. Lisa & Oberon

Morning numbers: +10 312, AMPS 440/1.7, +2 387, +4 324, +6 270, +9 287

Looks like he's heading back up tonight, and I can go to bed early. (Not that I will, of course, but I could...)

15. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

No sleep for the night owl :). At least it will be a relaxing evening :cool: