10/24: Nova--amps 281-increase, Marks Marine, etc.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Oct 24, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Last post

Happy Caturday!

While Nova continues to be a happy cat, her insulin needs have changed and I have had to increase to 4 units BID. She needs, what she needs--it's me that freaks out at the amount of Insulin, not her.o_O Hopefully this will bring her down to the beach at some point. But seeing as her journey brings her up then down then back up again (a major roller coaster in her dosage & reactions)....we will just have to see.

I placed an order at Mark's and will have my 5 pens before the end of next week. They are great---wonderful customer service. :) They could use the label that was stuck on my pen to fill the prescription, my vet would not send me a copy of the script---she did say that she would relay the info over the phone to them tho. I tried to get 5 thru the vet Pharm, but they wouldn't do it. I guess my vet feels that they will expire or something. We know better! :p

Saying my prayers for all sick kitties, and routing for those with falling dose needs and staying in or near the lagoon. :cat:

Hoping and praying that the changing weather tomorrow will curtail the massive devastating wildfires in our State.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that blue today. I hope Nova will surf on the new dose.

LindyNova likes this.
  3. LindyNova

:cool::cool::)

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Linda -

TR is more aggressive. You want to try to keep up with raising the dose every 3 days/6 cycles if the numbers are over normal range. The bottom line is that Nova needs as much insulin as she needs to get her numbers where you want them.

LindyNova likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay for a happy cat! :D
    Good luck with the increase. I hope this dose brings Nova back into better numbers.

6. LindyNova

I get it. :) I am holding back a bit because I'm a bit low on insulin--i think I'll make it tho. I really just dislike the doses that I'm not used to. :rolleyes:

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.