? 10/21 Eddie's Journey AMPS 261 +3 124 +6 77.4 (!!!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's quite the drop today! I'd test again in an hour or two.

No tests after PMPS last night?

3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I will test in about 1 hour but results will reflect that he had lunch.

I didn't test after PMPS last night. I think I'm not clear on how often I should be testing with TR. I didn't test last night because it looked like (maybe this is my error) that he was going to stay in the yellow zone and that was confirmed (?) with today's AMPS. Does this make sense?

I'm about to go and test him again in an hour.

4. Wendy&Neko

For each of the AM and PM cycles, the preshot test plus one other. So a minimum of two tests per cycle, four per day. Without that second test in the PM, we have no clue what happened that cycle. You can guess, but it's also possible he went lower. I found getting a test just before I went to bed was helpful and made it into a part of our go to bed routine (for me and the cats).

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko Changed my thread title to "?". Just got a 77.4 at +6. Is this the nadir? I think I'd better stick to this time in the cycle (when I can) or the +5 because it might even have been lower then???

6. Wendy&Neko

Maybe, maybe not, it can vary from cycle to cycle. Bounce breaking cycles it can be later. Sometimes if they want a reduction it's early. Or just because they are cats. I'd give him a couple tsp low carb food and test again in 1/2 hour to 1 hour. Steep drops to +2-+3 mean an active cycle and testing more often.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Just tested again (30 mins later): 120.6