? 10/20 Mikey AMPS 385 +4 144 PMPS 440 + 4 200 10/21 AMPS 436

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mikey’sDad, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Today, I increased to 2.50-vet zoom call 10/28 He has had some lower numbers but it is still a rollercoaster with Mikey.

He weighs about 10 lbs ( broken scale so I can’t weigh) but vet wants him to gain . He gets four FF Pate daily and lotta of PureBite freeze dried chicken treats.Am I feeding him too much. He is always hungry.

I have ketone strips but his liter is Fresh Start which is not just liter. Will that impede taking urine tests. I tried and got nothing on strips

Happy Thursday all
    Thomas

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you've increased today - is it possible to get another test during the day/night cycles? I see that Thomas is bouncing pretty hard from that mid-cycle low to the pre-shot times. I'm curious if he's going lower than that.

You may want to consider using another litter box with just pebbles or something in it (I got a bag of plastic pellets) and you put the liner in, add the pellets or pebbles, cover the other litter box; wait until Thomas visits and then tip the litter box toward the corner, dip your strip and then you can rinse the pellets/pebbles in a colander, let dry and start over the next day. I had to do this for a while for Luci. It's the only way to get a cleaner catch that I know of - some people try putting a spoon underneath kitty when they visit the LB, but Luci wasn't having any of that. If I came at the litter box with a spoon she would immediately vacate - I assume she thought I was there for cleaning??? Whatever, it was her time to be alone and she demanded it...most mornings I was able to hear her scratching those pellets around and I'd get the urine dipped as soon as she'd leave...then I'd just put her regular litter box back in place for the rest of the day - but I'd have to take it up at night and make it unavailable to her because I was never sure when she'd hit the box first thing in the a.m.

Best of luck to you on a better method to catch the urine.

3. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Wow, another litter box. I will consider that, but I am hurting for space.
    Thanks

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I used a cardboard box with a plastic trash bag as a liner - then I could throw the whole thing out - I too am cramped for space in my laundry room where Luci's box is located - so I had to set her regular box up on top of the dryer with the opening facing the wall, so she couldn't get into it - then set the other temporary box on the floor in her usual spot - she'd visit first thing in the morning and I'd go in there and collect the urine, wash the pebbles in the laundry tub (in the colander) - at the time I'd rinse off the trash bag too and allow it all to dry - then set the temporary box aside for the day and allow her to have access to her regular LB by setting it back on the floor - we'd have to the whole thing over at night before going to bed. I hear you on the space thing and wasn't suggesting buying a whole new set up for this - it was a temporary condition checking Luci's urine for ketones and hopefully for you as well.