10/19-Dolly-AMPS 129 -140@2 87@4 -83@5.25 -74@7 -87@8.5 -PMPS 181 -116@2 -109@3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Oct 19, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you JoyBee and handsome Ravan. Wishing both of you a beautiful day. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, again, for thinking of us, Adrienne. :bighug:

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She responded to the increase that she needed. It’s very common even though have not seen it before with Dolly. Looks like she might be starting a bounce or just a nice flat blue cycle.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She is at 87 now. Not eating. Sounded like she was vomiting but nothing came up. Trying to get her vet to give her a Cerenia shot.

7. tiffmaxee

Both of mine have done that recently and eventually threw up hairballs. So no bounce. Nice green. Give her a little of whatever she will eat.

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She just started gagging again, nothing is coming up. I don’t know what to do. She never has hairballs, ever. I think because she always has her oat grass. She won’t eat anything. She did eat breakfast. Gagging again.

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers for your Dolly. Hope you can get her to eat something. The forta flori isn't working?

10. tiffmaxee

I wonder if the antibiotic is making her nauseous.

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She’s been fine until this morning. I just got back from the vet. Do you know how long it’s takes for the cerenia to work? She ate a couple dr Elsey’s. I know not the best thing but something. Maybe it will help her bring something up.

12. tiffmaxee

You just need her to eat and not be nauseous. Don’t worry about what right now Did she get a shot or did you get pills? The shot will work faster. The pill should work in about an hour, sometimes longer.:bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

healing hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She is at 74. How bad would a little 12% be? I know she will eat that.

16. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

i gave her 1 tsp of 12%. Will deal with her numbers later. She ate that.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad you gave her the 12%. I'm glad she ate that :cat:

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

But she won’t eat more.

19. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She won’t eat more. I don’t know if Mirtazapine is a safe option. I don’t know what to do.

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

22. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I have a call into the vet. She never vomited just tried too, a lot of gagging. At least she didn’t lose any fluids. I am not sure what to look for with their gums if dehydrated. I know about pulling on their neck or back to see if it springs back. She definitely doesn’t feel well but she’s bright eyed and alert. I think last night impacted her in some way. All the different foods all the testing. Her numbers going down without stopping until she had the hc.

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

I did a search here about the gums and found this
    Feel the gums. They should be slick and not tacky.
    You can also feel her gums to make sure they are moist and not tacky

24. tiffmaxee

See what the vet says. If the mirt makes her eat and she vomits that won’t be good. Do her gums feel slick or tacky?

25. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

The vet called. I can bring her in for fluids up till 5:30. Two hours from now. I can give her Mirtazapine and I did. I pray she is not nauseous. Her BG is 87. Going to let her sit with me and see how she is feeling. We will talk about it :p Thank you again dear auntie Diane. Do you know the dose for zophran (ondansetron). Someone just told me and I forgot. I think it is 2mg. I’ll find out. Hope you, Ashley, your dad and Tyler are all fine. Sorry, I have been caught up in another Dolly crisis and forget to ask about you and yours. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. tiffmaxee

You can give 2mg of ondansetron every 8 hours.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  27. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Her gums feel wet and look pink. He said to give the Mirtazapine so I did. I can take her over there if I feel she needs fluids. She never actually vomited. What is the dose for zophran? Do you know? I see you already posted it. She won’t eat a pill pocket yet. I just have one 4mg pill. The rest are sublingual. Thanks for all the help Elise.

28. tiffmaxee

It doesn’t sound like she needs fluids. I wish I knew what’s wrong and how to help more. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Diane Tyler's Mom

Adrienne don't worry about us we are ok, just take care of Dolly ♥:bighug::bighug:

30. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Do you have a smidge of petroleum jelly, Adrienne? If she does have a hairball that she can't get out, it might be able to help.

I hope she starts to feel better! :bighug:

31. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

There is so much possibly wrong. I think all of the different fishy foods last night may have upset her stomach. Especially the one she would eat, never had it before, flaked chunks of tuna and whitefish, I think, it’s not on the food list. It had vegetable oil in it. I need to make a decision on what to do next. I can’t afford to put out $5000.00 + for the diagnostics. So I have to try a treatment first, nasal steroids shot into her nose, that may or may not work. Part of the diagnostics is a ctScan of her nasal passages that she would first need an echocardiogram due to her irregular heart beat. They want to do very expensive cultures for possible fungal or viral infection or possibly cancer. Steroids if she has chronic rhinosinusitis. She would then probably need periodic nasal flushes under anesthesia, again the heart problems. It’s not looking very positive. I asked her what was the most important and she said it depends on what will first cause her demise. Pretty hard to hear. Right now she is resting. The Mirtazapine hasn’t kicked in yet. That whole appointment was traumatizing for both of us. We were there 3 hours and nothing was being done.once the doctor gave me the possible diagnosis’s. They had her in the back the whole time. It’s too much to wrap your head around.

32. tiffmaxee

I don’t know what to say. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:That’s definitely a lot to handle. This is the internist?

33. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Yes. I have been running around to stores to find the food she ate last night before it got dark, can’t drive in the dark. Won’t eat it. Bought 2 cans of shredded chicken in broth, 11% carbs, no choice, she ate that, that’s all she ate pre diabetes. Hopefully it doesn’t raise her numbers too much. Should have bought more. So terribly congested. Have to see if I can get some little remedies in her nose. Insulin at 7:00. Thank goodness she ate. She actually ate 2-3 bites each of the 5 out of 7 cans I opened. I feel like a lunatic.

34. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

upload_2021-10-19_18-58-46.jpeg
    she looks fat and wondering what all the fuss is about. I’m sure the mc raised her numbers more than the shredded chicken. I hope. I hope I didn’t do everything wrong. I know I have to move forward with the nasal steroids or see what my other options are if there are other options besides the group of diagnostics. Thanks Diane and Elise for supporting and helping me today. I am extremely grateful.

35. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Katherine. The cat grass keeps her from getting hairballs. She’s always munching on it. She hasn’t had a hairballs in years. I don’t know what the gagging was but it’s thankfully gone now. I’m embarrassed that all of you that I so highly respect and care so much about had to see me become a totally crazy person. This may not have been the first time. :banghead::arghh::blackeye:

36. Diane Tyler's Mom

She looks like she's saying, I'm pissed off and if you come near me I'll scratch your eyes out :p

37. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you as always for making me laugh. I needed to laugh.

38. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Adrienne, please don’t be embarrassed! How many times have I freaked out here on the FDMB? Loads. This is why we are here, to help each other and give moral support when the going gets rough. You have a difficult situation going on with Dolly. It’s all very understandable. :bighug: Don’t bounce too high there, Dolly.

39. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Katherine. She dropped down to 116. I am just exhausted from yesterday. Sending prayers to hugs to all of you. Nice to see Ruby in some beautiful blues. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: