10/19 Bama Kitty AMPS 235 +2 235 +4 218 +6 218 +9 306 PMPS 287 +2 354

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Oct 19, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the partial fur shot. Always so frustrating.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the fur shot. He'll get back on track. Glad he is eating.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Have you considered having Bama tested for insulin auto antibodies and acromegaly? Wendy always says that when they get into the range of six units it’s a good idea to consider this testing.

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

I have thought about it but wanted to give the insulin a fair shot first.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Yes, he did.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Hooray for eating! And I totally understand about the testing. In my case, Darcy was at a really high dose when I had him tested. I didn’t really know about it until I came to this Board. I wish I had done the testing earlier though because we could have started the Cabergoline earlier and hopefully have prevented some of his problems like kidney disease - since I believe it was the Acromegaly that trashed his kidneys (and the excess growth hormone masked the kidney problems.)

I think you are a great cat mom to Bama!

9. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama ate well at AMPS but has shown no interest in Dr. Elsey's chicken or salmon kibble for snacks when offered at +2, +4, or +5. Hope we don't have a stomach issue building.

10. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Finally, some interest in snacks @ AM+6.

11. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Except for a jump into pink @ +9, Bama has spent nearly 24 hours in the yellows, even with a partial fur shot this AM. I am highly encouraged to see these numbers although we are far from where we need to be. Progress in the process. He ate well this evening. There was a possible "ghost poop" where an attempt was made with no results. Although I didn't witness it, I did see where he had stepped around inside the litter box without peeing or pooping so I'm just making a guess at what was happening or not happening as the case may be. Still have lots to work on. I fed him another flavor of FF--the Beef and Chicken Feast from the Classics line. It's the third FF flavor that has been a hit so far. I think I'll try to score a box of multiple flavors that he has approved if I can find it. Hoping by purchasing multiples in a boxed set that the price will be a little better than buying single cans.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I've been away a couple days and didn't realize Bama was up to six units now. The insulin has been given a fair test. Since he's pretty much on low carb food (even if some is dry), it's time to get him tested for acromegaly and IAA (insulin auto antibodies). We have cats with those conditions on less than six units (one in four diabetics has acromegaly), but very rare to see a cat at six units or above without one of the secondary conditions. The sooner diagnosed, the sooner treatment can be started, should you decide to treat.

13. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Thanks, Wendy.