10/19 AMPS 193 +2 143 +4 56, 42, 47, 70, 97, 104 +5 105, 106, +6 96, 113, +8 136 +9 312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. Just checking in. Max is still doing well since his SRT. His pancreatitis seems to have improved but I still give him his Zofran and also his Gabapentin because he seems to feel better with it. He has been purring and playing some too, and I’m really happy about that. Have a wonderful day.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for purring and playing! Nice update for Max. :cat::):cat:

3. Max & Lori

He will not eat the high carb food I have here beef feast with gravy. I gave him Purina proplan tuna. What now?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Wet or dry? Did he eat it? What is the carb%?

5. Max & Lori

Wet he won’t eat it and just threw up the tuna

6. Max & Lori

I have some dry Purina one

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Have you tested again?

8. Max & Lori

On the phone with NCState vet

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Can you syringe feed? Or little tuna/broth to entice? Obviously no veggies or toxic stuff in it

10. tiffmaxee

You can rub a little honey on her gums.

11. Max & Lori

He is up to 115. Thanks NC State Vet is helping me over the phone.

12. Max & Lori

I did give Karo syrup

13. tiffmaxee

Ok. 115 so test in 30 as Karo will wear off. Will he eat a little?

14. Max & Lori

So sorry. I have been talking with the doctors at NCSU. He did finally eat his regular low carb and a tiny bit of dry food, and kept it down. He will not eat any of my high carb wet food. He vomited the little bit of it I did get into him. I’m continuing to monitor. Last check was 162. I will catch up my spreadsheet later because I’m using my phone to document now. Thanks to anyone who offered help. I had to talk to some one right then so I called their ER.

FrostD likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Next time, if he won't eat the HC, just put a drop of karo on his regular food that he will eat.

With that 56, I'd take the reduction down to 8.5 units. It's possible SRT is starting to work. When that happened to me, I started taking reductions when Neko went below 70. It gives you a little bit of a cushion in case things are happening quickly.

What high carb food did you feed? Is it possible there's something in it he's allergic to?

Max & Lori likes this.
  16. Max & Lori

Thanks Wendy. I don’t know because the last time he went lower and I fed the same high carb food, Fancy Feast gravy lovers, he did eat it and keep it down. With his recent pancreatitis maybe it was just to rich for him I don’t know. It was a pretty scary situation with all the vomiting and then not eating, he ended up dropping to 42. Since I’ve gotten NCSU involved, they said to drop to 4 units and give none if it’s less than 250, then I have to follow up next Tuesday. I know that doesn’t sound right but I will have to do that then call back tomorrow if he’s too high. Thank you though. I know your advice is probably better and I will regret doing this but I had to get someone right to then so I will have to do what they told me. I’m sorry.

17. Wendy&Neko

With a 42, maybe try dropping to 8 units as his new dose. You can give 4 units tonight, to help drain the depot, but I'd go back to 8 units tomorrow morning.

It's your call who you want to listen to for dosing. It was CSU who suggested I do the reductions at 70. I'm just suggesting what worked for me and lots of other cats who have had SRT. Then again, I've ignored vet suggestions to me when I knew it wasn't the right thing for my cat. You have to do what you think is right for Max.

Max & Lori likes this.
  18. Max & Lori

I agree with you. I will try what they tell me since I will have to answer to them. If I see that’s not working for him, then I will have to talk to them about the recommendations here. Not really what I want to do but I feel that I have to since they are still monitoring him.

19. tiffmaxee

I’m glad you got help.

Max & Lori likes this.
  20. Max & Lori

Thank you for trying to help earlier @tiffmaxee

21. Max & Lori

Guess we have a pretty big bounce now.

22. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'd say so, poor guy. How's he doing?

Max & Lori likes this.
  23. Max & Lori

He’s feeling kinda crappy right now. I hate that, and he started off feeling so good this morning. I hope we can soon get back to the right dose for him. I’m glad that it may be his SRT starting to work though. Both he and I are exhausted.

FrostD likes this.
  24. Wendy&Neko

Hind sight is 20/20, but guess you could have gone with his full dose of 8 units tonight. If you had been following here for dosing. I hope he doesn’t stay up there too long. Poor Max.

25. Max & Lori

I know. I feel bad enough already. I don't know what else to do since they are involved now and I'm supposed to take him back next week. When he kept dropping yesterday, I had to get someone to help me right then. I posted, then Max started vomiting and I had to attend to him. Anyway I had to get some help so I called their ER. Max feels bad. I feel bad. End of story. They told me to go up to 6 tonight. I'm still worried about that.