1 year OTJ, but now limping....

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by MySimonBoy, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MySimonBoy

MySimonBoy New Member

Hi! It's been quite awhile since I've posted as my Simon has been doing fantastic OTJ for about a year. However, yesterday after being gone all morning, we came home to find Simon limping badly on his rear leg. I assumed he hurt himself jumping off of his cat tree. But after googling this morning, I'm afraid it may be neuropathy. Does anyone have experience with this? I have a vet appointment scheduled for this afternoon. I haven't checked Simon's glucose levels in a long time. He's been his normal, happy self on his grain-free diet for the past year. He is still happy, eating, using the litter box, and does not seem to be in any pain. Ugh. I don't want to do insulin shots again!!! :(

2. AJHJ

AJHJ Member

I just saw this... I don't have any advice about neuropathy, but I would suggest posting on the main feline health board. It doesn't seem like this board gets much traffic. I have seen several threads mention neuropathy with specific advice given. You could also do a quick search and see what others have posted if you don't want to post in the main forum. :)

3. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Oscar & Mom Sheila Member

Hi there from Oscar and myself. Oscar had an incident with limping on his rear leg. I gave him some honey that evening & brought him to the vet the next day. He had a reading of 1.3 so the vet gave a double dose of something to sweeten. Initially I thought Oscar had neuropathy but this wasn't the case. bottom line, you may want to check with your vet. We are now more vigilant than ever about doing things right. I hope Simon's issues will be resolved. He looks like a sweet boy in the pic you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.