1/8 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Blackie's spreadsheet looks like a rainbow. :sad: He's been in the 300's since yesterday and after an amps of 348, he was still at 301 at +6. We've gone from 2.4 to 2.8 in 2 days. I'm thinking another UTI. Or else Blackie got together with Buzz and Lucy and said "let's see if we can scare these beans". He gets another u/a on Monday which is one week since we stopped the antibiotics.

Yes, it's cold here. It was below zero last night and I think it might be 20 now. My brother's furnace is not working so he's got space heaters all over while he waits for parts. I am really ready for spring.

Sarah, I'm anxiously awaiting your results on Buzz. I hope everyone else is having a good Friday. I'm jealous of Joanna's weather.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, your poor brother! :( I'm glad he's got space heaters but geez oh man, that's rough in this weather. :( I hope he gets parts soon.

I looked at Blackie's SS and it really is a rainbow. Reminds me of Buzz's from back in the day, and that's not a good thing. How old is your insulin? You don't think it could be that, do you? That is just a heck of a dose increase with no results. :( Maybe his infection is back. Does your vet do a C&S or just a u/a? I only ask because I wonder if it's the same infection that never really goes away or if it's a new one. Although the C&S is more expensive, I am going to request that for Buzz after reading Dr. Lisa's thread on that subject just a few weeks ago.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

What's up with the kittehs lately? I have been told UTIs are more common in cold weather (extra stress I guess), so maybe we can blame all of this on winter? Hoping Blackie improves soon. Maybe he just isn't liking dose reductions these days.

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

At +8.5 Blackie was at 210. WTF? When he's high, his nadir seems to be much later. I'll probably check at +11 so I'll know if he's still dropping at pmps.

I've been home today working a little on a laptop. This recovery really sucks. I've had some bad pain this week just sitting still - like someone stabbed me in the shoulder. My PT said that we need to slow down and not do too much, but it is frustrating. I still plan on going back to work next week, but I'm going to see if I can get a ride to/from work from a neighbor. You wouldn't think it, but it hurts my right shoulder to shift left handed, so I'm going to try to drive only on days I have PT.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

That's interesting about his nadir vs. how high his #s are. Good plan to get in a +11 check. He does like to keep us guessing, doesn't he?

I can't imagine how rough it is to be recovering from shoulder surgery, honestly. I know it must be frustrating to have to go slowly in PT. They are looking out for your long-term best interests, so try to do what they say. ;) I guess maybe the pain while shifting is just from reaching across with your lats, maybe it's pulling on your right shoulder?

I hope everything (#s, pain, weather) gets better for you and soon!

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Someone at my former office had a fracture in her shoulder, and it sounded pretty awful, I feel for you. She was out for several weeks (no surgery was needed in her case), and got shooting pains like that when she moved even a tiny bit. I guess maybe it is just a difficult place in terms of healing - so many things where our shoulder is probably affected that we don't even realize. I hope they have good pain meds for you at least. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.