? 1/7 Squirrel AMPS bounce 393

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adriana & Squirrel, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Adriana & Squirrel

Adriana & Squirrel Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2711747/

Hi all I hope I'm doing this right with the posting! So we were doing well the last few days, last night he went a little low (for us) the old boy can drop quick...so I set an alarm to test him and of course slept right through it..sigh
    Anyhow woke up with a bounce. I dosed him with 2 units again and will test him during the day but maybe I should consider a decrease? I'm trying to get him re regulated here a diet change was necessary for lower phos. Trying to find a food the old man likes, not easy as you know! thanks!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. Adriana & Squirrel

Sorry another question for subq givers, just wondering how long you wait after a shot to give subs? For the last few years I've been waiting about 2 hours after insulin to give him subqs. Insulin shot flank, then subs scruff. we've been doing well but curious how everyone else does it.
    Thanks

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You're doing fine with posting. One thing you may not have noticed is that there is a ? icon in the title for when you have questions. That helps people notice you have a question quicker. Up near the top of your first post is says thread tools. You can hover over that and choose edit title from the drop down. To the left of the title it says no prefix and you can hover over that and get a drop down. There is a 911, a ? icon and a GA. The GA is used for kitties who have passed away. Some people accidentally choose that for general advice.

The 100s are not really low numbers Squirrel was safe last night. I love his name by the way. The goal most people have is to keep their cat in lower 100's and around 80 to 90. If you're trying to do that you don't want to decrease the dose. Being a bouncy kitty makes things tricky, but we try to dose based on the nadir.

Adriana & Squirrel likes this.
  4. Adriana & Squirrel

Thanks so much! Yes I was able to keep him averaged in the lovely 80s to low hundreds mostly before the diet change. Keeping him at 2 units!

The name... Well, he was the funniest looking kitten I'd ever seen 18 years ago, A poly cat with too many toes and a long rat tail that fluffed up so much when he had his zoom around the house moments bouncing off the walls that he looked like a squirrel! The name just stuck

Will use the ? In the future, thanks again!

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Random but Squirrel is a cool name.I call my cat little squirrel sometimes ;). Good luck!

Adriana & Squirrel likes this.