1/5 Ruby PMPS 103/+2 73/+3 64 dose reduced

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday was another good day in Rubyland, with a blue start that stayed green through the rest of it. She and Olive had fun chasing and pouncing on kitchen twine that I dragged up and down the long hallway of our apartment until everyone was panting and a little exhausted. :)

Healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans who love them so. Have a great Tuesday, everyone. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice workout! Love that idea of pulling a string...it's always good to find ways to entertain the crew at home indoors :)

Have a great day! Ruby is looking good!!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice surfing Ruby - paws crossed for more of the same today! Have a wonderful day, Katherine :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruby is looking good. Nice on the playing.

5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Is it possible to hire Ruby & Olive to do some personal training with some of my males :rolleyes::joyful:?!

Happy Ruby is doing so well :bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

+3 = 48. I took a nap and overslept. Had meant to wake up an hour ago. :banghead: When I woke up, Ruby was crying for food which I knew meant she was low. Just fed her .5 oz 29% HC.

Guess Ruby's getting the reduction she's been angling for. :rolleyes: I was thinking of shaving her dose to .375 instead of taking off the full .25. If anyone could give me thoughts on this I'd appreciate it!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

The good news is Ruby has your back :p & made sure you got up. Teamwork makes the dream work :bighug:

JOJI and Kit and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Since Ruby has gone up and down between 0.25 and 0.5 a few times already, you could either shave the dose or you could try for 3 drops between 40 and 50 to take a reduction.
    Let me see what @tiffmaxee thinks.

tiffmaxee and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good morning Katherine. I agree with Bhooma. I think it would be a good idea to shave the dose, especially now that you are using calipers. It worked for Max. I’d try that first before three times in the 40’s. So call it a S.5 and instead of a .25 reduction it would be half of that.

Katherine&Ruby and Bandit's Mom like this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

Many thanks to you both! :bighug: I'll shave the dose to .375 units and start tonight. I'm actually looking forward to doing this with the calipers and seeing if we get different results from the last time we tried (and failed) to reduce to the same amount.

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  11. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

good luck w the reduction.

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

What didn't work 2 weeks back could work now and vice versa. The eternal mystery of feline diabetes! :rolleyes:
    Good luck :)

13. Katherine&Ruby

It was an awesome workout for me too! I injured myself and haven't been able to go out running in a few days, so running with twine was my cardio workout. :p

Tomlin likes this.
  14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Katherine , good luck with the reduction, Ruby is looking so good.
    Have a great day :bighug::bighug::cat:

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Even though Ruby had been going between 0.25 units and 0.5 units, that was way back in "days before calipers". ;) Now that you have calipers, you know she's earned a reduction and hopefully it'll stick there. You can always experiment with smaller reductions, but just be aware the larger depot can still make things "interesting" for a few cycles yet.

16. Katherine&Ruby

Thank you, Wendy! Just so I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that we go to .25 units today because I have calipers now and can be sure we're consistent, right? That makes a lot of sense to me. If we need to go back up, we can always do so and figure out then what that might look like.

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What I was saying is that without calipers, it was hard to say (depending on types of syringes) whether you were getting exactly the same doses when you were shooting 0.25 and 0.5 units before hand. With little doses, even a little bit extra/less makes a difference. However, only you can judge how close you think you were without calipers. Your call.

18. Katherine&Ruby

Got it! I don't think I was close or consistent at all on the BDs without calipers. Ruby's sensitivity to .5 units on calipers seems very different from .5 without them. I think I would feel best shaving the dose and seeing where that takes us, as I am also hoping to get some of those pre-shot numbers lower in the process. If Ruby wants less she'll tell me. :cat: Thank you for helping me make the decision, Wendy.

19. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 103. Boy, that gap between the little arms on the caliper is getting real small! o_O

20. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose:bighug: