1/5 Buzz

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Well, it's been quite a day. Our house smells like sewage because they are here replacing the pipes, and we also have no water. And to cap it all off, I just checked Buzz's BG and it is 255! I did 3 tests to make sure. :(

I'm not giving her any insulin now, and I will test again in about 4 hours. That is QUITE a jump and it has me worried. She's acting fine, eating as normal. I haven't noticed her at the litterbox more than normal but I don't really watch stuff like that anyway, so it's hard to tell.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds awful!!!! And too cold to go outside either to get away from it! Maybe Buzz is stressed by the workers? Hopefully just a random thing, she's been doing so great.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I am hoping it's just a weird fluke, too. What happens when the battery in your meter starts to get low? Does it just run out like normal, or could it throw funky numbers? Can you tell I'm stretching? ;) The strips we are using expired in December but I can't imagine that they are bad already.

My friend is stopping by and I think I might go over to her house to get away for awhile. ;)

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your sewer/water problem. How frustrating! But I'm really shocked by Buzz's numbers. You were probably sayng "WTF!" Please let us know what her numbers were when you rechecked. I hope it was just stress!

5. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Yuck on the sewage smells and the cold. Anytime you get a surprising number, you should retest and look for environmental and health anomalies. I'm sure it's just a fluke. Paws crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.