1/24 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We've been getting numbrs in the 300's for the last day, so I increased the dose back to 2.2 this morning. As usual, I'm dancing to Blackie's tune, not mine. He seems to be feeling really good.

Lori, you asked what happened between Sept & Oct. Blackie got a UTI right before we went on vacation. I was afraid of him going too low when the pet sitter was only here twice a day, so I was very conservative with his dosing. Unfortunately, his numbers go so bad that he got totally unregulated even after the UTI was cleared up. It took a while for me to figure out that he needed a higher dose, but we finally got his bg's under control again. He hasn't been under 2.0 unis since then.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like the right call to me. Hope things get under control soon. C'mon Blackie, help your mom out!!!! :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh i see, so it was brought on by an infection that then went to his carrying high #'s without enough insulin while you were away. that did a wallop to his pancrease huh?
    really makes me wonder what damage could be coming tomtom's way as his #'s altho low were completely green for couple of years. i am afraid this is a teeth extraction issue, tho not sure...he could have an infection.
    this is really valuable for everyone to know if they are'nt treating those high #'s what could happen.
    i sure hope blackie can come on back around to those pretty greens he had back in sept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.