1/24/21 Squeaky! = AMPS=250 +6=232 PMPS = 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-amps-208-5-5-167-pmps-198.241960/#navigation

The word "homeowner" has the word "meow" in it. Good luck pronouncing it correctly ever again. You're welcome.

Squeaky's numbers are up a bit since we skipped that one lower-than-90 shot. I've also been tapering his buprenorphine a bit. I wonder which of the two are causing the higher numbers. Or if 2.25 is just a bit too low?

Wishing everyone a turquoise (blue-green) day!

JaxBenji and carfurby (GA) like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s had a lot of reductions lately so it would not surprise me if he needs an increase after a week at this dose. Eating well? Acting well?

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

love this!
    also happy that i understand today's funny bc yesterday, not so much.
    unless it was a play on dance, dance revolution ... but still... whaaaaaaat?

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  4. Jan D & Squeaky

Hi Joji, I didn't understand yesterday's funny either. :eek: I thought today's was fun, though! And turquoise! Let's all go there!

Hi Elise, he's been really happy lately. I think it's partly because mom woke up from the diabetic-cat-mom-egads-how-do-I-manage-all-of-this-complicated-medical-stuff stupor and I made the cat fort for him, started doing tricks with him again, and now we're going through the learning process of how to put him in the new cat front-pack (backpack for the front). He loves learning new things and he loves performing his tricks. He gets 3 or 4 kibbles for each trick he successfully accomplishes (including climbing the ladder and climbing to the top of his tree, exercise is important) and yes I know kibble is illegal. But, he's turned away from ALL the other treats (yes even freshly pan-seared sirloin what a dummy), and I think happiness counts for a lot in the healing process so we'll do this for a while. I found a kibble that is 50% protein so it's not tooooo bad. He hasn't been playing much with his mouse-on-a-string toy (his other love besides me.....) but seems to enjoy having me chase him around the house before his pricks. So at least he is moving around some. He looks better and the few people who come over say he looks better.

Your thought about a week on this dose of insulin sounds good, and I will hold him at the current tapered dose of buprenorphine for a week, too. He hates buprenorphine and if he's doing better and doesn't need it, I need to get him off it.

Thanks gals this was more detail than you wanted huh? ;)

Hope both of you and your kitties have a great day!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like he's had too many reductions too close together. He probably will need to go back up in dose next weekend.

@JOJI and Kit Yesterday's funny is a play on the song Ice Ice Baby.

Jan D & Squeaky and JOJI and Kit like this.
  6. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh, you mean this trend of less insulin is not going to last forever? :( I was wishing it would.

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh, rats. I was hoping he would just keep going down and down and down until he was OTJ.