? 1/24/21 Chicamonkey AMPS 574/+3 420/+7 353

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzi and Chicamonkey, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

I’m thinking I may have overshot her optimal dose. She seemed to be doing much better number wise with 2.25-2.5.

can someone look at my spread sheet??

at 4am I awoke with a fever response from my vaccine yesterday so I tested her and she was 381. Not even an hour later her AMPS was 574! How does a jump that big happen ???

distraught today!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry no one has responded yet today. :bighug: And for the fever response - I've heard it's more prevalent for the second dose. Bad enough to have a diabetic cat, you don't need your body adding to the lack of sleep.

When a person has started out at a good low dose, tested enough to know how low the dose is taken the cat, and increased via the protocol, then you are not overdosed. Insulin is a hormone, not a drug. So as frustrating as not seeing improvements as you increase is, you just have to keep increasing safely until you hit that fitting dose.

This morning could have been a combination to however low she got last night (or a steep drop), plus New Dose Wonkiness. NDW usually kicks in around cycle 2-3. And you've had a food change in there. What is the carb difference between what she is getting and what she was?

Suzi and Chicamonkey likes this.
  3. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

Well ff pate is 3 carbs, tiki is zero. I’m going to alternate so she’s still getting some carbs