1/23 Spicey Question about Regulation

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi everyone, Just was wandering on the bg levels for regulation what range should a feline be in for a good regulation?

Spicey is doing fine. I love the new syringes by the way.

David

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

There is a bit I like about this in the FAQs for the site. Not sure where they are on the new site ohmygod_smile I will do some looking and post the link if I can find it. The short answer is that it is to some extent a matter of opinion what is considered "good" regulation. Roughly I think PSs under 300 and nadirs around 100 is considered in the "decent" category, but there are several ways to look at it.

Many cats, especially those who are newly diagnosed, can go into remission and be diet-controlled, no longer needing insulin. IMHO, if one has the inclination, it's nice to try for that (if you can get tighter regulation than 300/100, with longer stretches in the non-diabetic zone, that seems to increase the odds) if one can.

[ETA: The first goal though is to get things in the "decent" category, and then one can improve/fine-tune from there. I'm not meaning to add any stress here by suggesting tighter regulation should be your goal for the moment!!!]

[Found the FAQs in the Health Links forum: http://binkyspage.tripod.com/faq.html#regulation]

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.