1/23 Ravan/amps121/+5 100/pmps100/+5 79/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jan 23, 2021.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Ravan had a rough couple of days. His BG was in the 90's for quite awhile & suddenly 4 days ago jumped over 400 then over 500. I thought his kidney's were failing. He was peeing constantly & drinking a lot of water. I also felt he had a bladder infection. I started giving him D-Mannose for a possible infection & I increased his insulin. BG wasn't coming down even after the increase.

I found a vet that would see him. On Thursday Ravan had blood drawn & a urine test. Vet gave Clavamox pills yesterday. I gave him one pill & 5 mins later he threw it up. After reading that antibiotic is hard on the stomach & causes anorexia I decided not to give him anymore. Started D-Mannose every 3 hrs .

Vet calls & tells me everything looks Great! Ravan 's Kidney values are about the same as a year ago. He says to give him more insulin to get his BG to 200 & that's where it should be. I tell him Ravan is getting Levemir Insulin & we don't just give more insulin. He admits he's not familiar with Lantus or Levemir . Then he says to take him to an emergency clinic.

This man is a Vet for 28 years & he does not keep up with new information! I just spent over $250 & he doesn't know what he's doing! I won't be going back there.

I gave Ravan D-Mannose every few hours. He slept all day, not eating. I thought I was going to lose him.

At 9:30 pm I check his BG & it's down to 209. And he's hungry! Ate a full plate of his Raw meat.
    By +4 149. :) I was so relieved. Today he's not peeing very much & only drinking a little . Still eating good.

Now Alice is vomiting!
    Trying hard to take one day at a time.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Ravan. I'm glad he is doing better. I hope he keeps improving and Alice feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my :( I'm sorry to hear Ravan had such a rough time of it! And that vet...dear lord don't you wonder how they stay in business? No knowledge whatsoever about FD or the treatment for it...I just have to shake my head.

I do hope he's feeling better - at least it sounds like he might be on the mend...sending scritches to Ravan and Alice too! I sure hope they both get better soon...

One day at a time..

Sending hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Thank you both for for your good wishes. My kitties & I appreciate it very much :):bighug::bighug::bighug: