1/23/21 Chicamonkey AMPS 399/+7 373+11 334/PMPS 345/+5 298

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzi and Chicamonkey, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

I will increase her dose tonight.
    I am volunteering for the vaccine clinic today and won’t be home until her mid cycle..AND I get my 2nd dose today!

Yesterday I switched monkey to tiki cats wet food for her pm meal.
    Let’s see if that helps at all.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Surf safely, Chicamonkey, while mama bean is out. Yay for vaccines :bighug:

For food, I believe a lot of kitties do better on a few carbs versus no carbs. There's a good discussion here (with links to an old version of FDMB) - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-zero-carb-vs-higher-lower-carb-foods.218260/

Personally, Jax is on pretty low carb (<1%) but that was mostly because I wanted a food both of my kitties would eat (my civvie wouldn't touch Fancy Feast). It's one of those ECID thing but a good experiment nonetheless - I track food in the remarks so I can see if it changes BGs at all.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Suzi and Chicamonkey likes this.
  3. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

yeah, we tried the 0% route for awhile and found that kit does better with something higher than that while staying in the low carb params.
    congrats on the second jab.
    be good today monkey :bighug:

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Congrats on your 2nd poke! I hope you're feeling ok this evening...I understand #2 has a few more side effects or perhaps a bit more pronounced than the first...my next poke is on 2/3...

Hope Monkey comes down soon...maybe she can pick up Luci on the way?

Did you get the appointment for your DH to get his vaccine?

5. Suzi and Chicamonkey

no the Publix site was full within 20 minutes of logging on! so.... I can’t lift my arm... much more tender than the first time and I’ve been sweaty- and having chills but no fever. I fell asleep for 2 hours !:bookworm:
    I had no side effects the first time .

Hows Luci doing!?!?
    How are you??

6. Suzi and Chicamonkey

You may be right. That was my gut too.... maybe I’ll save the no carb for night tome since that’s when she seems to elevate

7. Sue and Luci

Sorry to hear that you couldn't make an appointment - more openings will be available on Wednesday morning - try again. I'm trying to get appointments for my sister/bro in law - they have antiquated computer and just can't seem to get anything to work - I had appointments offered to me three times on Wednesday morning - but she didn't want to drive to the county that had the last openings...we'll try again next Wednesday - I think they'll be setting them up regularly until everyone gets one - now the residency requirement is in place - hopefully that will help reduce the number of people trying to get appointments just to fly in and get a shot...sad situation there...

Those side effects don't sound very pleasant - I hope it doesn't last very long! I've heard the 2nd one hits you a bit harder than the first, but shouldn't last long.

Luci's numbers are not very good. I presume it's post-I-131 adjustments she's going through. I'm hoping to find the sweet spot soon - have been increasing her steadily until we find a better dose.

I'm fine...just busy as all get out! Still trying to get the new project done AND fix issues that arise (like this morning) as they come up...you know how it is with hospitals/health care...it's always something!

Feel better Suzi!

8. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Thank you!
    What is onedrop..... in your signature line???

9. Sue and Luci