1/22 Spicey update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi everyone, Spicey is doing good. I think we have a routine now it seems. It's nice to see her like this. Hopefully this weekend I can get some rest. I received my U-100 syringes. Last nite I printed out the conversion chart and will place it with my log book. Other than that not much going on. We had that storm from california come in yesterday and I think there is more to come. As far as I know no tornadoes and the winds have died down. It is sure wet outside though and cold. I love this kind of weather. Not the wind and the tornadoe warnings though.

This weekend If I feel up to it, I may start my search for a new vet. I am not sure yet what I want to do. I just want to keep options open. I won't burn my bridge yet with the other vet since I will need more insulin in a couple of weeks.

David

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Now that you have your spiffy new syringes, are you ready to change her dose? I'd move it up to 0.6 units for a couple of days to see how she responds. It looks like her numbers are creeping higher and higher so I would hate to see you wait too much longer for an increase. If her numbers go in the opposite direction after 2-3 days, you can try dropping down to .4 units to check for rebound.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Spicey is doing better. It makes it less stressful for you too. I switched vets in December, so I know that the process isn't fun. I emailed a few local vets with questions first. Luckily the closest vet supports home testing and was pretty much on the same page as me. My previous vet wouldn't even look at our spreadsheet and it seemed I had to fight for every little think I wanted Blackie to have (such as a T4 test). Good luck with your search.

4. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Yes on Sat on her pmps i would like to increase her dosage so that way i can watch her a little closer and Sun will most likely be home all day and can watch her as well.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.