1/16 Rufus AMPS 212 +3 50 PMPS 99 +3 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DanaB, Jan 16, 2022.

1. DanaB

DanaB Member

This is a pretty good number for Rufus... I think he is coming off a bounce. He still seems to be getting use to greens and tends to bounce when he gets them, then he takes a few days to level out again. Rufus doesnt usually drop as quickly as Im use to with Missy.
    He is a pretty chill cat but also a bit of a bully. Hes a big boy that loves food and likes to sleep a lot. We try to get him moving but he prefers to play while he is laying down :eek::D Im trying to use portion control to help him loose a weight without feeing starving. He doesnt ask for food just inhales it when its out down.
    Ive always delt with Ferals, Rufus is our first domesticated cat:cat:
    Rufus was previously living outside and in the basement of a disabled man who collects neighborhood strays in his area. He has been taking care of him since he was a kitten. A friend begged me to take him because the man was not able to treat his diabetes.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

How kind of you to take Rufus. How do the two get along? I don’t see a chosen method but since he’s been at 3.0 for a long time suspect SLGS except that you aren’t reducing when under 90.

3. DanaB

DanaB Member

Him and Missy are ok. He tries to be large and in charge... but she tolerates it well. I have another kitty that he does not get along with, she is feral and stays (indoors) away during the day. At night and when so one is home Rufus stays confined to 2 rooms to make sure he doesnt terrorize anyone.

I was nervous to raise his dose because its already seems so high. But I know every cat is different. I was also nervous because I dont know how he will be with low numbers. BUT going forward I plan to be a little more aggressive with his dosing. He seems to hit green every 10-12 cycles... then bounce. He usually takes a bit to come off of a bounce as well. I put a dose change to 3.25 on the 19th to remind myself if he doesnt get another green by then, then I raise the dose.

4. tiffmaxee

Is he starting to lose weight?

5. DanaB

DanaB Member

A bit... maybe 1-2 pounds. He tries to eat everyone elses food so I have lift up Missy bowl when she isnt eating...she likes to graze.

6. DanaB

DanaB Member

So now he is at 50 at +3. He had hald a can of 2%FF at shot time, then 1/2 a can of 3%FF at +2. Now he is eating another 1/3 a can of 3% at +3. I guess he has decided to drop fast today. Normally I would give him a little 8% as well, but then he might not earn a reduction?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  7. tiffmaxee

You don’t want him to earn a reduction. You want him to be in normal numbers as much as possible. I would feed 9-15%.

Bounce clearing cycles are often very active.

DanaB likes this.
  8. DanaB

DanaB Member

He is at 2.9 with just the 3%... should I still give him some 9%?? I am home and keeping a close eye on him.

9. tiffmaxee

Yes.

DanaB likes this.
  10. DanaB

DanaB Member

I really though he would be bouncing into the 300s o_O
    YAY:D