1/16 Midas AMPS 501 +7 397 PMPS 347 +6 529

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by colin72, Jan 17, 2022.

1. colin72

colin72 Member

Hi everyone

I'm completely frustrated and feeling pessimistic about this situation.

Midas hasn't been able to get good numbers and went to 3.5 units for his PM dose on 1/14.

Assuming no major improvements, when can he go to 4 units? Is 4 units considered a high dose?

Thank you

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hang in there. It's just a matter of getting him to the right dose to break through glucose toxicity. Once he does that, he could come down in dosing just as quickly.
    You can go to 4U after 6 cycles on 3.5U. So you can increase in the PM cycle of 1/17.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. colin72

colin72 Member

I'm confused. You say I could go up to 4 units in the PM of 1/17. I'm not following TR. Are you sure going up that quickly is OK?

Thanks

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier, you want to follow TR so that you can get him to a good dose soon. The longer he stays in higher numbers the greater the chances of glucose toxicity setting in. You are feeding low carb wet food and testing enough for TR. You can always switch to SLGS once you see better numbers if you prefer to do so.

With TR you increase the dose every 6 cycles till you start seeing nadirs under 200. Once you start seeing nadirs under 200, you hold doses for 10 cycles.
    When nadirs are largely over 300, you increase in multiples of 0.5U. The idea is to get to a good dose as quickly and safely as possible.