1/16 Max AMPS 304 +4 250 +7 128 +8 97 +9 86 +10 89 +11 93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Yesterday https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-15-max-pmps-179.257899/#post-2901418
    We have a vet appointment tomorrow if we can get there. A lot of ice on the roads from sleet and freezing rain today. I have a lot to talk about with the vet about his GI issues. I know he’s getting a T4 to check his thyroid as recommended at NSCU for follow up, also getting the chemistry panel and I was going to ask them to check to see if he’s deficient in B12. Still trying to transition over to all novel protein diet. He likes the Instinct rabbit, but would not touch the venison. He gets tired of eating the same thing every day so I’m still trying different flavors slowly. Chicken seems to be something that causes upset stomach. That sucks because chicken is his favorite. He really likes the EZ complete with turkey which doesn’t seem to bother him as much.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Be safe above all. Don’t go out if it’s still icy. But I do hope you will not have to reschedule.

3. Max & Lori

Thanks, don’t worry. I won’t go if the roads are bad. I hope they aren’t though because I’ve been waiting for this appointment.

4. Max & Lori

If Max is still green or a low blue at preshot time, I should still give him 10 units right? I know I have to get used to doing that but he is just so unpredictable. He’s also not been feeling that great. Still having some GI issues and even vomited yesterday. He hasn’t done well with the BCS in the past. I would love to keep him in the greens but honestly I’m nervous about giving him 10 units with a green preshot, because of the SRT and his GI issues, and his history of diving. I need some guidance and reassurance I suppose. Should I give him 10 units at PMPS which is 45 mins from now? If so do I give higher carb food to boost him up before the insulin onset? Would the 10 units take him even lower into unsafe numbers? Any guidance is appreciated! @Wendy&Neko @FrostD @tiffmaxee

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It's a bounce break late nadir...so yes I'd do full 10U. I expect him to bounce again. Yay greens!

Max & Lori likes this.
  6. Max & Lori

Thanks Melissa! I love your picture of Mr. Kitty.:cat:

FrostD likes this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Max usually bounces. But honestly it comes down to — can you monitor him tonight and intervene if necessary?

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Max & Lori

Yes he does. Not a fan of staying up all night, but I guess I will do what I've got to do.

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree. Shoot. I hated pj parties but if you skip and he bounces you will feel worse.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can make it to the vet tomorrow. Surf safely tonight Max. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  11. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Please be safe tomorrow, icy roads are horrid! And here's some vetty vines for Max, hope you get some answers and also hoping his tummy feels better. None of my cats liked venison, I tried Ziwi which was supposed to be a good food but no use if they won't eat it.

Max & Lori likes this.
  12. Max & Lori

Thank you! I’m hoping to get some help from the vet tomorrow! He wouldn’t touch the venison. I have wasted so much money on cat food! Trying to find something he likes that agrees with him. He loves chicken but if he eats too much of that he gets diarrhea.

13. Max & Lori

Thanks! Some of the ice melted today but I’m sure it will re-freeze tonight. Our appointment is later in the afternoon so hopefully we will be good to go by then.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice cycles today. :D:cool: Be safe tomorrow.

Max & Lori likes this.
  15. Suzanne & Darcy

Waiting to see what Max’s AMPS is this morning

Max & Lori likes this.
  16. Max & Lori

Getting ready to post. Very high bounce.:(

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.