1/11 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

After shooting at +13 this morning, Blackie stayed in the high 100's & low 200's. We stayed with the same dose of 2.4 for a pmps of 286. He had an Adequan injection this am, so this could have been the cause of the higher numbers. His u/a came back negative. Vet was concerned that there was no glucose in the urine. I explained what his number was right before I caught it and that we didn't shoot until an hour later. I'll send him our spreadsheet in the morning. I like having a vet that will actually look at it and give me feedback.

Sarah, I'm sending you and your grandfather prayers of peace and comfort.

Thanks, Joanna for appreciating the "saucer". Would you use a saucer after that? It is Blackie's now.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to be happy that the u/a was negative or not! If it were positive, at least there would be a reason for his higher #s but I am glad he doesn't have an infection because it's miserable.

That's nice that your vet looks at your SS and talks to you about it. Does he ever give you dosing instructions based on the SS?

Thank you for the prayers, Ele. He is still in the same state, resting/sleeping.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

That has to go on the always growing list of sentences we never thought we'd say, LOL. :lol: Was the vet concerned simply because the #s don't support that (so maybe his pee stix are bad or something), or for some medical reason? It sounds like good news to me!

Sarah, sending prayers too for your grandfather & your family.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing about the vet! :lol: Maybe he just knows Blackie and can't believe there was no glucose after all this time, kind of like seeing the Pope without his pointy hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.