09/17 Kitten AMPS/137 +4/272 PMPS/301 +4/144 +6/58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Sep 17, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Yesterday’s post. Nice surfing by Kitten! I’m tired though since I got up every 2 hours!

I’m going away Saturday night to Sunday and I couldn’t find anyone to do insulin Saturday PM so my dad will be just feeding the cats. Kitten will get insulin in the AM Sunday by the pet sitter. My question is since she is skipping insulin Saturday PM do I start a vaca dose a few days before like I would normally? I figured since insulin will be skipped Saturday night I’d tell the pet sitter to do 2.00 units Sunday am (kitten’s current dose is 2.25). My typical vaca dose number is 1.5 but I’ll be home early afternoon Sunday and with the skipping insulin Saturday I’m guessing I don’t need to prep as much as I would normally. Thoughts?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If your skipping the one dose, and going to be back Sunday. I see no reason to do vacation dosing at all. Skip Saturday night dose and resume normal on Sunday.

Anyone else have opinion?

KittenTheCat and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thank you! I figured it would be okay to do normal dosing (I’ll still tell the pet sitter 2.00 vs 2.25 just to be safe) :D

Olive & Paula likes this.
  4. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

That was a quick bounce! PMPS/301 +4/144 +6/58
    Looks like another pj party tonight. :DI gave kitten some MC at +6. Will check her again at +7

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

She's keeping you on your toes :) Look at those healing greens :D Happy middle of the night :bighug:

KittenTheCat likes this.
  6. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

+7/65 gave a bit more MC. Going to check again at +9