? 08.19.22 Chispa, 431 AMPS, 273 +5, PMPS (late) 598, 515 +2, 422 +3.5, 347 +5, 382 +6.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen and Chispa, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Angela & Cleo and Ben&Squirrel like this.
  2. Karen and Chispa

WHAT on earth is going on with Chispa???
    She’s been bouncing around from 200s to 400s for three days on 2.5 units. Then tonight I went out to dinner and was late getting home, so her PMPS was at 12 hours 35 minutes. Even so, how could she go from 273 at +5 to 598 less than 8 hours later?? I gave her a LC snack at +10, though there’s no telling when she ate it.

I’m leaving for a week’s vacation on Wednesday and had planned to let my boyfriend give her a reduced dose to keep her safe, since he won’t be testing. Now I am wondering whether I need to get her a Libre after all, if her numbers are going to go all haywire like this.

@tiffmaxee , what do you think?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Why did you increase the dose tonight by 0.5 units? When nadirs are in the 200-299 range, you increase by 0.25 units after six cycles at the dose. You should go back to 2.75 units tomorrow morning.

As hard as it is, try not to get worried about higher preshot numbers. It's primarily the nadirs we care about when determine how to change doses. It's possible that she got to a lower number last night than she is used to, or was bouncing from that almost 100 point drop to +2 last night. Whenever you see a big drop like that at +2, it's worth staying up a little later and seeing if she's going lower. A +2 quite a bit lower than preshot is a sign of an active cycle that needs more testing.

4. Karen and Chispa

Thank you, Wendy. After getting that high preshot number, I went back and re-read the TR protocol for probably the fifth time --- and I don't know how I managed to misread it, but I did. I will drop her down to 2.75 in the morning.

So that probably explains why she has gone from 598 to 515 at +2 to 422 at +3.5. I put some MC food in her automatic feeder to open at +5, but now I'm thinking I will set an alarm to wake up and test her. If she is much lower at +5 but still above 200, will I need to test her again?

Thanks again for coming to our rescue. _/\_

5. Karen and Chispa

Kicking myself for misreading the dose increase. 347 now (+5) … just fed her a meal of 1/2 Royal Canin (16%) + 1/2 Tiki Cat (0%), will retest in an hour.

6. Karen and Chispa

Heading upwards at +6.5, at last.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022